What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was a label created, or did it actually ship? That’s another quirk with Karve. It’s not uncommon for him to create labels for a batch of razors, whereupon customers get “shipping“ notices, and then the batch sits for another week or more before they actually make it to the post office. Check your tracking info for progress. You gotta have lots of patience with Karve!
You are correct...no shipping info...If it takes to long I will cancel the order and call Mastercard...Honestly only need 1 razor but at least 20 brushes...lol

Looking at the Karve web page, it gives the appearance that brass razors are available to buy (Al and SS are clearly marked "sold out"). Is this not true?

I just checked the website and the stainless is available. Not sure if you have Instagram account but tomorrow Chris is giving a live update on the state of the shop and will be discussing the titanium orders as well as the aluminum (I'm currently on the wait list). I plan on watching so if you don't have access PM me and I will give you the run down of what is stated.

1598400127634.png

My Karve D and stainlesd D are great razors and I would match them against any razor out there.Not perfect but very good.I have 62 razors in total all de 3 straights......I primarily use the De's.Karves work with all of my blades.Bad ones work a bit better from the great design of the rszor.Close smooth shave.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, same experience as @Juijitsu2010 every blade I threw into my Karve worked as a dream, from Feather to Astra blue. If you are a minimalistic person, and you want to have 1,2 razor, Karve is a safe bet. And with all the plates out there, you can have very mild, or pretty aggressive razor.

I think it is a matter of setting your expectations upfront. If you think you'll get it right away, you'll be frustrated and disappointed. If you know you have to wait a few months and be patient about it. You know you'll get an amazing Shaving tool.

QRTAS

+1! Having ’reasonable’ expectations is key! This is a small operation that is focused on quality.

Just as a fun note, if everyone in this thread didn't keep bumping it debating the points of their companies service, I wouldn't have heard of them at all. So even though some have had negative experiences, that discussion is now attracting new inquiries, such as myself.

I have not posted about Karve in quite a while.

RAZOR - The product is marvelous and an exceptional value for dollar, in my opinion. More so, if you happen to be American, and can benefit from the exchange rate differential. The quality of workmanship, performance in the shave, are all comparable or exceed those provided by similarly priced, and even some more expensive razors. Anecdotal, of course, but I sold my Charcoal Goods Copper DE because the Karve was better (and cheaper).

COMPANY - Though I have been fortunate in that I have never had to wait more than about a month for any of my Karves (I have four, including SS), the amount of nonsense that has gone on with other customers is really stretching the limits of "good will" that ANY small vendor has a right to expect. Part of the reason I avoided the "polished" SS version was precisely because I did not want to get involved in supporting a business in ANY other fashion than by paying for a product that had a reasonable expectation of shipping before I got the credit card statement.

So, you now have a decision to make. Are you prepared wait perhaps several weeks, and maybe longer, for a product that will easily meet, if not exceed your expectations?

Not only I enjoy shaving with my Karve, but I also love the type of metal it is made of. At the beginning I wasn't sure about the patina forming, but now I really understand why so many people love metals that form patina.

Today I wanted to make it look a bit different. I forced patina to the handle and plate, but polished the cap and this is the result.

The first picture is generic, I got it from the website. It is pretty much how it looked when I first got it. The following pictures I just took after my experiment :) This patina is totally reversible. I could easily polish it back to the original look.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

QRTAS

Not only I enjoy shaving with my Karve, but I also love the type of metal it is made of. At the beginning I wasn't sure about the patina forming, but now I really understand why so many people love metals that form patina.

Today I wanted to make it look a bit different. I forced patina to the handle and plate, but polished the cap and this is the result.

The first picture is generic, I got it from the website. It is pretty much how it looked when I first got it. The following pictures I just took after my experiment :) This patina is totally reversible. I could easily polish it back to the original look.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

QRTAS
Great idea!

Hi Guys,

Anyone have an idea as to which Karve SB plate is approximately equivalent in efficiency to a Gillette Slim on setting 9?

Thanks!

Haven't ventured past 7, but I typically use between 4 and 6. Using gap guides found here, and compared to Karve's list, I bought and use all the time now, the solid bar plates B and C. My Slim was my go to razor until I got the brass Christopher Bradley Karve razor. I know that doesn't answer the question you asked, but I hope it can help you.

The wiki has the blade gap for the Slim listed as 1.14 on setting 9.

So according to Karve's chart, an E or F plate would be closest in terms of blade gap. Not sure about any other matrices.

Definitely don't go by the comparison of blade gaps. there are so many other things that go into affect the exposure of the blade. If it does happen to be a good match then that's just coincidence.

For instance, the timeless bronze 38 Gap sits right between the 68 and 95 Gap stainless razors n terms of aggression, even though it's number is well below. You can't even compare gaps within the same manufacturer. it has to be the same model razor for the gap comparisons to be worth anything.

While shaving at the Slim 9 range is beyond my typical comfort zone, I believe (because I have shaved with both) that a nine setting would probably point to an e or f base plate (solid bar) from Karve.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

I got around the slow delivery time by getting a used Karve from the BST on another site. Open comb B plate gives a nice shave and is comparable to Rockwell 3 plate. Mine came with a patina and I love the looks of it.

I waited about 6 weeks and I am three hours away from them. But, it is a fabulous razor, maybe my favourite. and the price for an artisan razor is fabulous too. BTW I had way more grief on the Edwin Jagger 3one6 pre-order from a very major online store.

The Christopher Bradley Karve is a 2 men show with more orders that what they can handle.

The razor is amazing, they just don't have the infrastructure to fulfill the orders quickly.

If you don't mind the wait, you get one of the finest razors out there.
proxy.php
proxy.php

QRTAS
Please oh please oh please tell me how you got that patina.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

QRTAS
Oh. My. Goodness. How did you get that patina. That is awesome!

Top Bottom