What's new

Gillette Slim Disassembly/Reassembly w/ before and after photos

Wow, so many slims going in crusty and gritty, then coming out like new. Just spent over an hour almost drooling over these 30 pages. Cap does awesome work.

I purchased a Slim in an online auction after losing several fatboys in the final minutes. I felt like I was settling, but after reading this entire thread, I don't think that was the case. I hope to send my slim to Cap for cleaning/work in the near future. I have yet to receive it, but I just checked my tracking and it is out for delivery tomorrow. Cap, are you accepting work again?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Subscribed. Thanks Captain...as always, informative and fun! Much appreciated.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I purchased a Slim in an online auction after losing several fatboys in the final minutes. I felt like I was settling, but after reading this entire thread, I don't think that was the case.

Shoot. You didn't settle at all. Congratulations!

I cleaned it up and sanitized it yesterday. The razor shaves very well, but there appears to be a door alignment issue. The gap appears even across one side of the razor, and the gap starts out the same on the other side and tapers down to one corner. The last two photos show the gap without a blade installed. Any ideas how to correct this?
$IMG_2195.jpg$IMG_2196.jpg$IMG_2197.jpg$IMG_2198.jpg$IMG_2199.jpg

Sent my grandpa's old slim of to Cap last week and he sent it back on Monday (should arrive today :w00t:). It had an uneven blade gap on one side, and Cap found it to be very gritty on the insides. He cleaned it up, fixed it, and painted the indicator and adjustment dial. It looks brand new and I can't wait to be able to put it to use. (first picture is the insides before)

$Before.jpg$After - 2.jpg$After - 1.jpg

Cap sure does some impressive work!

I have a Slim with a few issues, I hope you don't mind me asking here.

- Dropped Bottom (this I can fix)
- Doesn't open up all the way and the knob doesn't seem to turn as many times as it should compared to another Slim which opens fine. Could be due to gunk?
- Uneven blade gap on one side. Is this usually fixed by bending the base plate / safety bars? Or are there other causes and fixes?

I've watched the disassembly video and I'll attempt to disassemble and reassemble it once I have all the tools I need. Thx :)

I think part of the reason for this thread is questions, Jacquers.

Someone with more knowledge will be able to give you a better answer, but it may not be a good idea to try bending the base plate.

brandaves

Hy,
I look for your video about slim adjustable assembly and disaassembly but i can' t see because you have closed youo tube , is possible see in an other way , thanks a lot gianluca
Cap's last activity is listed as 2017...not sure where he's been.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Greetings Everyone!

Well, as a result of the excellent support and interest on the Gillette Fatboy thread: Gillette Fatboy Cleanup|Before and after w/commentary - http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/412807-Gillette-Fatboy-Cleanup-Before-and-after-w-commentary, I have decided to open up this thread, focusing on the Gillette Slim:thumbup1:

I will kick off the thread with a disassembly/reassembly video, featuring the Slim. After that, I will post up some before and after shots of slims I cleanup (as they become available). Enjoy!
Cap's last activity is listed as 2017...not sure where he's been.

Thanks
Do you know something about a videoassembly and assembly a slim adjustable , no fat

Thanks
Gianluca

brandaves

Thanks
Do you know something about a videoassembly and assembly a slim adjustable , no fat

Thanks
Gianluca

Unfortunately I don't. Have you tried a search on YouTube for other videos related to the process? I would think that would be your best option. Do you have one needing repair or are you just curious?

I have bought one that Will arrive in Next weeks and Will be necessary made a internal clean , only some days ago i saw a good video but today i can't see anymore
Thank you in any way
Gluca

brandaves

I have bought one that Will arrive in Next weeks and Will be necessary made a internal clean , only some days ago i saw a good video but today i can't see anymore
Thank you in any way
Gluca
Check your PMs.

Top Bottom