What's new

Gillette Slim Disassembly/Reassembly w/ before and after photos

Here's a slim I just cleaned up. Not much physical improvement on this one but it needed functional repairs more than anything.

Before:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423882344.957899.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423882364.100847.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423882378.026932.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423882388.396767.jpg
Disassembly:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423882401.169437.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Twice over the moon in just a few minutes??? Could it be??? Shoot, yes!!!

:a14::a14::a14::spidey::spidey::spidey:

Once it gets back home, that razor is not leaving my counter for a looooooong time and is going into heavier rotation than Cy Young. Thank you, Cap and Chris E., for putting in so much work into these babies! Y'all really go the extra mile for all of us, and I'll never be able to express how much I appreciate seeing all these razors come out.

(But, yeah, it's even better when it's your own :w00t: )

Two customs in one day! TL, you are a lucky, lucky man. Congrats on two beautiful razors.
Cap and Chris are the best. We are lucky to have these gentlemen doing what they do.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Hot dog! The Slim showed up, yesterday! It's better than any photo can show, let me tell you. I had a pretty high idea of how this would look, but the results just blew all that away. Cap and Chris E. did such work on this baby, and there is no way I ever will be able to express my appreciation. Those two men are exemplary gentlemen, and anyone reading this should never hesitate trusting their integrity. Talk about turning lead to gold, man! Like I said in the Fatboy thread, I will treasure this razor not only because of what work they did but also because they did the work. Thank you so very much, gents!

I don't know that the photos really show how amazing the black rhodium is. It's not so much "black" as it is smoky, and it's absolutely amazing. I couldn't be happier with how all this turned out.

$IMAG0318.jpg$IMAG0319.jpg

Hot dog! The Slim showed up, yesterday! It's better than any photo can show, let me tell you. I had a pretty high idea of how this would look, but the results just blew all that away. Cap and Chris E. did such work on this baby, and there is no way I ever will be able to express my appreciation. Those two men are exemplary gentlemen, and anyone reading this should never hesitate trusting their integrity. Talk about turning lead to gold, man! Like I said in the Fatboy thread, I will treasure this razor not only because of what work they did but also because they did the work. Thank you so very much, gents!

I don't know that the photos really show how amazing the black rhodium is. It's not so much "black" as it is smoky, and it's absolutely amazing. I couldn't be happier with how all this turned out.

View attachment 556314View attachment 556315

As I said in the Fatty thread, thanks for your kind words. Both of your "customs" are stunningly beautiful. I'm speaking for both CAP and myself, when I say that it was absolutely OUR pleasure working with you on these projects!

I am very fortunate to have such a fantastic teammate and friend as CAP. And to think that he and I started all of this madness when he was one of my customers! He wanted a nickel-plated Fatty to be customized with Navy colors (blue and gold paint highlights) Never did I imagine that my customer was (as most would say) the world's pre-eminent Gillette technician!

As I said in the Fatty thread, thanks for your kind words. Both of your "customs" are stunningly beautiful. I'm speaking for both CAP and myself, when I say that it was absolutely OUR pleasure working with you on these projects!

I am very fortunate to have such a fantastic teammate and friend as CAP. And to think that he and I started all of this madness when he was one of my customers! He wanted a nickel-plated Fatty to be customized with Navy colors (blue and gold paint highlights) Never did I imagine that my customer was (as most would say) the world's pre-eminent Gillette technician!
Happy to be of service, Chris and I use that custom a lot! Thank you for all that you do for me and the fine Gentlemen here:thumbup:

BTW, great photos, TL!
Good people have a way of gravitating to each other.
+1, amen Randy.

The stealth arrived today, and I could not be happier! The pics I took do not come close to doing it justice, but here they are:

My thanks to Chris at Razorplate, and CAP for breathing new life into this old Slim.:clap:

Top Bottom