What's new

gillette slim adjustable

hey so i was wondering what number do you lot tend to usually use your gillette slim adjustablede razors on?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have mine mainly set on 3, occasionally I may use 4 but no higher as I find the shave too harsh. Many like them cranked up to 9. Some like to start on a lower setting and move higher and some like to start on a higher setting and then go lower.

I have mine mainly set on 3, occasionally I may use 4 but no higher as I find the shave too harsh. Many like them cranked up to 9. Some like to start on a lower setting and move higher and some like to start on a higher setting and then go lower.
first time i used it today, so first stroke or two was at one then 3 then 5 and then straight to 9 and kept it there for wtg, xtg and atg, as you know from the other thread i used a voskhod de blade in there and imo not the sharpest,
so dont know if i'd need to crank it up all the way to 9 if i used something sharper like say a nacet or feather for example

4 (or 5 with 3plus day’s growth) for the fist pass. 3 or less for the reminding passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: saj
I've tried it both ways. The latter seems better for me. Currently I'm doing 6-5-4 on a 48-hour beard, but I may try 7-6-5.

One of my favorite razors. The last few years, I've set the adjustment between 4-6. Years ago, I used to simply keep it at 9.

My (sadly long gone) Slim was set at 4/5 depending on when I last shaved!

I still miss that razor! :clap: :clap:

H
9 all the time. It’s my best DE when cranked up all the way. Great paired w a Lord Plat

Cool will have to try it with that de blades 👍💯🔥

Btw have you tried or got a fatboy too? If so how does it compare on the highest setting on both do you know mate?

Top Bottom