What's new

Gillette Slim 1962

Hello Jay, the Gillette Slim Adjustable is a fine razor. I find them at their most aggressive setting they are less aggressive than a Merkur Futur at its most aggressive setting. As far as acquiring a "Restored" Slim goes, that could mean anything from the seller cleaned and polished it, to the seller re-plated and re-paired it. Make sure you ask plenty of questions before you buy. Many sellers claim a razor is re-stored, when it has only been cleaned a little and polished. This is not what I would consider "re-stored". Just be aware of what you are buying, and don't over pay. I would think you could find an excellent example on eBay for around $50. Good luck. And enjoy!

Hello Jay, the Gillette Slim Adjustable is a fine razor. I find them at their most aggressive setting they are less aggressive than a Merkur Futur at its most aggressive setting. As far as acquiring a "Restored" Slim goes, that could mean anything from the seller cleaned and polished it, to the seller re-plated and re-paired it. Make sure you ask plenty of questions before you buy. Many sellers claim a razor is re-stored, when it has only been cleaned a little and polished. This is not what I would consider "re-stored". Just be aware of what you are buying, and don't over pay. I would think you could find an excellent example on eBay for around $50. Good luck. And enjoy!

Thank you very much, you've been very helpful

Today's standards? My standard is a BBS/DFS. Slim delivers every time that I do my part. Plus classic style.

Top Bottom