What's new

Gillette Slate now at Walmart

Just got these today from Walmart for your viewing pleasure.

To me the heads look alot like a sensor 3 , what say you guys ?

View attachment 1220287View attachment 1220288View attachment 1220289View attachment 1220290View attachment 1220291View attachment 1220292View attachment 1220293

It looks just like a standard Sensor 3 cart head, but with the Guard 3 handle as mentioned above. With the Sensor 3 and Blue3 you'd think they had enough triple blade disposables.
What he said....

Last edited:
Just had my first shave with the Gillette slate razor and I have to admit this is a very sharp cartridge I would say just as sharp as a Mach 3 which is my preferred cartridge razor when I'm not using a double-edged safety razor I'll definitely be adding this one to my cartridge rotation Arsenal!

Unless this razor really catches on, I think it is a way to offer something at Walmart that no one will be able to price match or coupon at another store. It currently is priced the same as the Sensor 3 at Walmart. If it is better than Sensor 3, it should sell well at Walmart and others won't be able to get it. It is unclear from Gillette what is different or better than the Sensor 3, so it is good to have user reviews here to try to figure out what is different, if anything, from the Sensor 3, other than the cool color, handle, durable bag, and free hook in the 8 pack.

They have launched the Blue 3 Hybrid in Europe ...

f301da872cafde87c801b59eaad696dd50e96c52_400_400.jpeg

A 9 cart pack is £4.99 at a local store

Lots of choices now with private label razors and now Gillette "Big Packs" like blue hybrid. When I was young(er) we had a choice between Mach 3 which did cost a lot or the one blade Bics that we hated. Could probably get a good shave from it now with all the technique learned here. Yes we had Sensor Excel but that was "Dad razor" territory. Could not break the sound barrier with that 😉

I am suprised how much I liked it! I prefer it over excel or mach3...

my favorite cartridge is either the schick hydo3 or hydro5.... this is a close 3rd...

light and seems to cut close...

I concur it seems like the earlier Gillette versions... what is the differences?

Gillette became a gold standard a number of times over the past 120 years. The Mach 3 was an obvious gold standard for some time. It looks like carts and disposables similar to the Mach 3 have come down in price a good bit. I used to spend $80 per year on Mach 3 blades, now it looks like comparable carts can be found for about half that for a years supply.

I still will never get into carts again. I almost want to try a quality cart razor one more time to prove that I’m not missing out by ditching carts.

I still will never get into carts again. I almost want to try a quality cart razor one more time to prove that I’m not missing out by ditching carts.
The key to ending my problems with cartridge razors was using a brush and soap/cream (and learning about the grain of facial hair). I haven't had a significant problem shaving with cartridges since, but I fully understand that for a lot of folks here cartridges just don't work that well. That said, I'm not in a rush to try the Slate. I know which carts work for me and I haven't found a real reason to switch out of my comfort zone.

Top Bottom