What's new

Gillette Silver plated vs Sterling Silver

Hello folks! It's been a while since I've posted something here.

I want to ask you all if you can help me identify a common silver plated Single Ring from a sterling silver Single Ring.
I know Gillette offered it but I haven't been able to differentiate between the two. I have a couple of Single Ring razors in their cases
and one of them seems particularly shinner than the other ones (it's not nickel either because it's an early made).

If you have them, could you maybe share a picture to compare the two?

Thank you!

468 was sterling silver but not a Single Ring. I lost a heartbreaking auction on one a while back. I was outbid $1.50, uggh.

You're right! it doesn't look like SR but rather an Aristocrat. I always thought that or either a misprinted illustration.

You wouldn't happen to have saved a picture??
Because there are no available pictures anywhere of that set. I've never seen one.

You're right! it doesn't look like SR but rather an Aristocrat. I always thought that or either a misprinted illustration.

You wouldn't happen to have saved a picture??
Because there are no available pictures anywhere of that set. I've never seen one.

I think a member here got it. I remember it had a missing tooth and there was discussion about repair.

Found it. Page 208 of EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

I was wrong, not solid handle like I thought I remembered, very similar to the single ring design.

Found it. Page 208 of EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

I was wrong, not solid handle like I thought I remembered, very similar to the single ring design.

You're a genius man! I finally got to see what it looks like. A damn shame you didn't get it.

I own a Gold plated SR (smooth handle) that I think could be a 468B. Found it this way and incredibly cheap here in my country.

20200806_121114.jpg

Top Bottom