What's new

Gillette Silver Blue VS Voskhod VS ASTRA SP ?

The best blade of the three?

• Gillette Silver Blue

• Voskhod

• ASTRA SP

Results are only viewable after voting.
I tried a Gillette Silver Blue for the first time this morning. I liked it alot, but it is too soon for me to compare to the Astra Superior Platinum. That said, it seemed sharper that the Astra but time will tell. I've never used a Voshkod.

GSB or Voskhod, I'm happy with either one. GSB is sharper imo but Voskhod is smoother and plenty sharp for my beard, so I prefer it. It's also a bit cheaper than GSB. I get good shaves with Astra, but they're not quite in the same league to me, kind of a gatekeeper. If a blade is better than Astra, then it's among the best. When I think of Astra, I think of "I could've been a contender!" Close, but just not quite good enough.

Similar thoughts from me GSB is tops in this group, Voskhods are OK, Astras are the only blade iget consistently get nicks and irritations from

Astra SPs are the best for my skin. Even when I decide to do a quick shave, without the proper preparation and in a bit of a hurry, they don't irritate me at all. Voskhods are just behind: My impression is that these blades are not as sharp as the Astras, so I need to do one more pass and my skin doesn't like it.
When I first tried a GSB, I was using an old DE razor that the Army gave to my grandfather and I ended up irritating my skin quite badly. I'm looking forward to test them again on my EJ DE89.

It's hard to beat an Astra as far as always getting a good shave regardless of the razor. I've never tried vokshod so I can't make a comparison but I've used gsb and they're great depending on the razor. Price wise you can always get Astras for under $10 for a hundred.

I don't like the GSBs that I have tried, *at all* - they feel very rough and uneven in my 40s SS. Maybe it's sharp, but not smooth (to me). The Astra is definitely sharper than the Voskhod, and both are smooth. Astra > Voskhod > GSB, for me, in a 40s SS

This has been my experience as well, but only one GSB blade tried so far. I'll try another GSB tonight as I may have just gotten a total dud, but the first shave felt prickly, second shave I thought it was going to take my face off and stopped. Put in a voskhod as I'm currently out of my Astra SPs and only recently found voskhod. The voskhod felt very nice after the GSB and let me finish the shave. Voskhod is sharp enough for me and the smoothest of them, Astras are sharper, but a little less smooth, and GSB was the sharpest but least smooth for me. As of now though, it's Astra SP=Voskhod>GSB right now. Definitely YMMV for blades though. I'd try them all out and see what you think of them.

My vote.
1 GSB
2 Astra
3 Voskhod

Don't like Voskhod, not much better than a Derby for my beard. Its put me off trying any of the other Moscow blades.

Personal Favorites
1 Polsilver
2 Perma Sharp
3 Feather
4 Nacet
5 GSB
6 Astra
5 out of 6 to St Petersburg, they must be doing something right :shaving:

Out of those choices I’d go with GSB.

I don’t like voskhods. I find them rather dull - they pull/tug my beard too much.

Top Bottom