What's new

Gillette Silver Blue Old vs New

GSB old v new.jpg

So, another comparison of the old double wrapped PPI blades vs the new with the ©2017 packaging. Left was bought in 2010, right is 03/18.
I must stress both blades are manufactured in Russia. There was some misunderstanding in the Astra SP thread.

My apologies for the delay, but after the first 2 day comparison turned out to be not 100% conclusive I did the test again with another razor and brand new blades from each pack. I just want to be 100% sure before I tell you anything.

These blades haven't changed (Thank God!). Everything seems to be the same. Note that the new ones are with black paint on the blade, not laser etched.

Haven't decided which will be next, but I have them all and all will be compared. Dark Blue Platinums, Astra SS, Rubie, Perma-Sharp, Nacet Stainless, 7 o'clock Super Stainless and Iridium -Super.

I just got some from Amazon.ca. I needed blades and knew the Made in Russia GSB work for me.

Made in Russia, for anyone looking. No clue if they are being phased out or over to a new plant.

Shipped from Amazon.ca, sold by Wish4Blades

PXL_20231103_221812195.jpg
PXL_20231103_221751844.jpg

PXL_20231103_222040803.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom