What's new

Gillette Silver Blue new packaging

This might not be news to some of you, but this is the first time I've seen GSBs in current packaging available to US buyers.
It was in an eBay link. So I won't be linking directly, but an eBay search for "20 Gillette Silver Blue" will reveal a Russian seller with a picture of four tucks of blades with the new angled dot on the "I" in Gillette. Took them long enough.

I would order but I suspect these are going to become more common soon enough, so I'm going to hold off for now and work through current stocks. But it sure is nice to know that the GSB will remain a current production product.

Took them long enough.
I had to google this to understand what you meant. Yes indeed. GSB tucks with that slashed/slanted 'point/dot' above the "i" are likely to be newer blades 2019+. We all hope there's no decrease in performance (change at all is nice too).

I had to google this to understand what you meant. Yes indeed. GSB tucks with that slashed/slanted 'point/dot' above the "i" are likely to be newer blades 2019+. We all hope there's no decrease in performance (change at all is nice too).

Today I learned that the white space between the dot and body of the "i" represents a razor's edge. There's another one right below it in the "G".

Who told you that?

Eh, several apparently unrelated professional logo designers and marketing houses posted on their various blogs and sites commenting along those lines. None of them provide a reference to anything "official" from Gillette, if that's what you're wondering. Understand that I'm old fashioned and like to pretend that people with professional reputations don't just make things up from whole cloth if they want to maintain their credibility, so I presume they got that info from somewhere at the time but I can't prove it to any skeptic's satisfaction. Anyway, I just ran across them while I was trying to figure out how long ago the company switched from the old dotted i. (It was 2009.)

We need pics!
GSB with old logo:
proxy.php

GSB with new logo:
proxy.php

The differences between the old 1989 logo and the revamped 2009 logo are subtle:

Old Gillette logo (circa 1989):

proxy.php

New Gillette logo (circa 2009):

proxy.php

Top Bottom