What's new

Gillette Silver Blue Blades Prices

Hello,

I was going to stock up on some Gillette Silver Blue blades, however, there is a gap in the Prices, depending on where you get them. One place has them for $13.99 for 100. Another site has 100 of the "New Version" for $26.95 and they list 100 of the "Old Version" for $29.95.

I've seen other sites with higher prices for the GSB's.

Are the lower priced sites selling fakes?

There was a discussion about the new/old GSBs not too long ago.

IMO Nacets are a touch sharper than GSBs. GSBs are a touch smoother than Nacets.

I haven’t compared old and new GSBs side by side, but old and new have both been very smooth and sharp.

GSBs are $20/200 on eBay. I wouldn’t pay more than $15/100 shipped for GSBs.

IMO Nacets are a touch sharper than GSBs. GSBs are a touch smoother than Nacets.

I haven’t compared old and new GSBs side by side, but old and new have both been very smooth and sharp.

GSBs are $20/200 on eBay. I wouldn’t pay more than $15/100 shipped for GSBs.
Why would Razorbladesclub.com be charging $26.95 for the "New" GSB and charging $29.95 for the "Old Version"?

Which one is better?

Why would Razorbladesclub.com be charging $26.95 for the "New" GSB and charging $29.95 for the "Old Version"?

Which one is better?
My guess would be that due to a lack of a US distribution network for DE blades, RBC is buying blades from the same type of people on eBay at about the same price. It’s a tough spot to be in running a small business.

I've used both and notice no difference. I don't think GSBs ever came etched. Both old and new packaging that I've seen (granted that I may not have seen everything) were printed.

RBC has always charged more for GSB than we can get on eBay. Kind of unique to that blade, actually. I don't know why the eBay sellers can provide them at such low prices. But I've bought from eBay with good results.

I've used both and notice no difference. I don't think GSBs ever came etched. Both old and new packaging that I've seen (granted that I may not have seen everything) were printed.

RBC has always charged more for GSB than we can get on eBay. Kind of unique to that blade, actually. I don't know why the eBay sellers can provide them at such low prices. But I've bought from eBay with good results.

Are we allowed to share the ebay user ID'S of sellers on eBay in the forum? I just want to know which seller(s) that others have dealt with and had good results.

GSB seems cheaper than what I remember years ago. I think I saw recently someone on ebay had 200 for $20. Looking on camelcamel Amazon, it's quite clear the 100 had been dropping gradually. On the other hand, I think Nacet went up at least for bulk purchases. Lots of good blades under $10 now though. Dorco, Derby, India, et al. all upped their game.

Top Bottom