What's new

Gillette Sensor 3 Comfort vs Bic Flex 3 Titanium

Just a quick update and review on my journey into shaving with a razor. Since I'm new YMMV

Started of with a couple of cartridge razors to get a feel for shaving and build some confidence. Choose a 3 blade to start as 1 or 2 blade with pivot are more difficult to find. Lathered with Cella Bio the last couple of times on both

Had trouble with the Gillette seemed to pull and jump....tried the Bic- much smoother easily cut a 3 day growth with no pulling or irritation...was even able to go ATG in problem area under jawline on neck....Both razors gave a DFS....but Gillette was more problematic during and after.

Those who are more experienced---could it be the titanium blades or the flex to the blade or Bic has sharper blades or all of the above?

Would love to try a 2 blade or even 1 blade that would be similar. Any thoughts?

Thanks for listening and responding.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Among 3 and more blade cartridges, I suspect the differences come down to how far the blades are apart and how close they ride to the skin, sharpness and so on.

I played around a good deal with carts. I liked the Bic 4 blade and 5 blade a lot. More than the equivalent Gillette or Schick offerings. Dorco, I found the 4 blade and 7 blade good, didn't care for the 6 blade.

Currently my favorite multi blade offerings is the Schick stubble eraser.

Two blade, look at the Atra or Trac II type offerings. You might need to find a handle for them. Single blade, go with the Gillette Guard.

I haven't used a cart for probably a year though. There is nothing they do for me that I can't do easier and better with a DE or SE razor.

I don't have any issue with the Sensor 3. How many days growth did you try to remove? If it was 3 days as with the Bic, I think you would struggle. Have you tried a Mach 3? Try using another razor for the first pass. An injector is good for this.

Your other posted stated that you use shaving gel. I would use a traditional shaving cream. It doesn't have to expensive, RSC or Harry's would be fine.

Top Bottom