What's new

Gillette Senator Twist Fail

I recently picked up an old Senator, but it does not open like my Super Speeds. The bottom of the handle twists downwards which unlocks (but does not open) the doors, and then I have to push up to get the doors to open. I can then insert a blade, pull down to close the doors, and twist to lock. The twisting motion does not open the doors, but rather pushing upwards. Having never seen one, I wondered if this was how it was designed, but videos I've found make me think that it's supposed to open like a SS. I wonder if something is broken.

It's most likely an easy repair, but I wouldn't try that myself. Just send it to Back Roads Gold for a tune-up/repair service or if the plating is pretty bad, for a full revamp service.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It sounds like a 'dropped knob' which is apparently an easy repair involving recrimping the collar. I have not tried it myself so hopefully another member will be able to offer more detail.

It's most likely an easy repair, but I wouldn't try that myself. Just send it to Back Roads Gold for a tune-up/repair service or if the plating is pretty bad, for a full revamp service.
I was actually thinking about sending it to Back Roads Gold, but wasn't sure if it was something Chris could do (or if it would be asking too much, along with several bent teeth).

I was actually thinking about sending it to Back Roads Gold, but wasn't sure if it was something Chris could do (or if it would be asking too much, along with several bent teeth).

Send him a couple of pictures so he can see what the issue is and he will tell you what can be done. The teeth can be fixed, but they might break in the process, so keep that in mind.

Top Bottom