What's new

FS Gillette Second Gen Aristocrat England & Vintage Schick S.S. Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sale is a Gillette Second Gen Aristocrat from the 1940's England plant. Rhodium still shines like new after nearly 80 years. Comes with case. Solid base plate gives it a nice weight balance. The TTO mechanism is a bit stiff opening and closing which is not uncommon with British produced Gillette's but doesn't affect the shave which is smooth and efficient.

Asking $165 USD shipped Canada/USA

IMG_2415.JPG

Also for sale I'm thinning more of my top performing vintage blades. 100 individually wrapped vintage Schick Super stainless double edge blades. (8 lots available) They don't come up for sale often as their Gillette counterpart the Spoiler or in such a large quantity. They were only produced a few years from the mid to late 60's and every bit as good as their competitors, sharp and smooth with decent longevity. I believe I'm offering these at a great value since most vintage blades are pushing $1+ per blade these days.

Asking $59 USD Shipped USA/Canada per 100. If interested in multiples pm me and we can discuss.

IMG_2416.JPG

Thanks, looking forward to it! Was definitely an impulse purchase, just like the look of it and had been musing I ought to own a really nice vintage DE as I'd enjoy it and they exist.

But I don't really know anything about them... I think the sets have numbers based on the cases? Taking a glance around this seems to be a #15?

I figure that since the "rhodium still shines like new" I shouldn't use it too often to preserve the plating's fine condition. But I'm not sure how fragile it is, if you have a rhodium razor you're taking care of do you tend to only use it once or twice a month? Or once or twice a year?

Thanks, looking forward to it! Was definitely an impulse purchase, just like the look of it and had been musing I ought to own a really nice vintage DE as I'd enjoy it and they exist.

But I don't really know anything about them... I think the sets have numbers based on the cases? Taking a glance around this seems to be a #15?

I figure that since the "rhodium still shines like new" I shouldn't use it too often to preserve the plating's fine condition. But I'm not sure how fragile it is, if you have a rhodium razor you're taking care of do you tend to only use it once or twice a month? Or once or twice a year?

Rhodium is a very scratch resistant plating 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom