What's new

Gillette Saftey Razors

Hi Guys how are yous?
i wanted to ask your comments on this Q
The Gillette Safety Razors were they made from Steel or Aluminium?
Why ask this , is that i want to clean some of them but back here in South Africa we dont get Scrubbing Bubbles , so i went to the hard ware store and got some Dursol Shine http://www.dursol.com i am going to clean a very old black tip super speed and test this product on this razor and see what results i will get.

Some of the Gillette razors are made of aluminium but the vast majority are brass plated in another metal which was usually nickel but could also be gold, silver, rhodium or chrome.

Some of the Gillette razors are made of aluminium but the vast majority are brass plated in another metal which was usually nickel but could also be gold, silver, rhodium or chrome.

Thanks for your input. do you think i will be safe using this product?

Well I don't know German so I can't read anything on that site, sorry I can't help further with that.

Is it an abrasive? You want to use a non abrasive polish or it will wear off any plating. If it is gold plated then DON'T polish it, the plating is to thin to be polished. All polishes really are abrasive to some extent but the less it is the better in this case.

Well I don't know German so I can't read anything on that site, sorry I can't help further with that.

Is it an abrasive? You want to use a non abrasive polish or it will wear off any plating. If it is gold plated then DON'T polish it, the plating is to thin to be polished. All polishes really are abrasive to some extent but the less it is the better in this case.

Sorry my bad you can click on this https://www.autosol.de/shop-en/
it will take you to the English site have a look and let me know what you think about this products
thanks
Willy

Willy,

The black tip Super Speeds are different than other Gillettes. There are two versions. One had an aluminum handle, the other steel. It is easy to tell the difference using a magnet. Most other Gillettes handles were brass.

-Clarke

Willy,

The black tip Super Speeds are different than other Gillettes. There are two versions. One had an aluminum handle, the other steel. It is easy to tell the difference using a magnet. Most other Gillettes handles were brass.

-Clarke

Hi how you? i did not know that thanks for sharing with me.
do you know what i can use to clean the rest of the Gillette safety razors with , do you think i should get a polish? or what would you suggest ?

Regards
Willy

Hi Guys how are yous?
i wanted to ask your comments on this Q
The Gillette Safety Razors were they made from Steel or Aluminium?
Why ask this , is that i want to clean some of them but back here in South Africa we dont get Scrubbing Bubbles , so i went to the hard ware store and got some Dursol Shine http://www.dursol.com i am going to clean a very old black tip super speed and test this product on this razor and see what results i will get.

Do you have any of these products in SA? Cif, Insette or Xanto? They all have Bathroom Mousse which is basically the same thing as Scrubbing Bubbles. All they are is a foaming soap scum cleaner and all work the same way. You may already have something like that under your bathroom counter.

proxy.php

Top Bottom