What's new

Gillette Rubie

Has anyone tried Gillette Rubie? I just ordered a few to sample. I admit that I tend to be attracted to branding and then use the ones that look cool to me.

I have heard some people say they are dull, others say they're "smooth". Do you guys think they have cutting power? Are they a high-priced, double wrapped Derby? [emoji38]

I discovered them recently and found them to be very good for me. I use a them in a EJDE89. Yes, I would say they are smooth. YMMV

i've only tried around half a dozen different blade types, but the Gillette Rubies have been my favorite so far. They work really nice and smooth in my fatip piccolo, great results and very comfortable. I like them even better than the silver blues, platinums, and nacets.

i've only tried around half a dozen different blade types, but the Gillette Rubies have been my favorite so far. They work really nice and smooth in my fatip piccolo, great results and very comfortable. I like them even better than the silver blues, platinums, and nacets.
Good to hear. I have had mixed results with silver blue and bad results with Nacet. So here's hoping the Rubie will be quality and comfort where these other two tend to bite me.

These are one of my favorite blades. It is both sharp and smooth along with Polsilver Super Iridium and Gillette Black.

They usually sell for more compared with other popular brands.
I have read someone mentioned a while back that they are quite popular in Russia and considered among one of the premium blades there.

A friend on another forum turned me on to these and I will say they are sharp and smooth. Glad I bought 100 after using just 1 for 12 shaves and it had more in it probably.

I just had my first Rubie shave. That has got to be the smoothest blade I have ever tried! And it has the cutting power of many blades I feel are rougher. I am convinced! Going to order a 100 pack!

I think these will succeed for me where Silver Blue was lacking. I know Silver Blue is a great blade. But for me, I had too many mishaps, especially with the first shave on a new blade. These are going alongside Sharp Star as my 2 favorite blades.

In my Gillette Aristocrat it's unstoppable.

Picked up some in Barrio Barretto near Subic in a local shop called Bizmart. 67 PHP (about $1.34) for a pack of 6. The box said made in China, though. They are great for two shaves with two passes. Had to do three passes and a pick up for the third shave. I suppose they'd be great for most of the locals. However, I think my thick beard was a bit much for them to get the distance I get from most other blades. My wife thinks they are cute.

Picked up some in Barrio Barretto near Subic in a local shop called Bizmart. 67 PHP (about $1.34) for a pack of 6. The box said made in China, though. They are great for two shaves with two passes. Had to do three passes and a pick up for the third shave. I suppose they'd be great for most of the locals. However, I think my thick beard was a bit much for them to get the distance I get from most other blades. My wife thinks they are cute.
Can you post a photo of made in China
Statement please..

Top Bottom