Gillette Rubie

Can you post a photo of made in China
Statement please..
20181128_192420.jpg
20181128_192420.jpg
20181128_192451.jpg
20181128_192456.jpg
20181128_192501.jpg

Interesting! They're using the old Rubie font from back in the 1950s (or whenever). The Russian ones are labeled "Gillette Rubie Plus". One is stainless and the other platinum. So there are two different versions of the blade out there.

Or at least two different blades they've slapped the name onto.

I just received some Rubie blades today. They look identical to the pack you have in the upper left corner, as you can see the packaging design is different from the bottom 2. The blade has a weird color sheen look to it and the ink is blotchy/patchy at best which concerns me they may be fake. If so it's a huge loss as it was extremely expensive to get them shipped to me. Can you shed any light on your experience before I attempt a shave with one. Thanks.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Here are some pics of my Gillette Rubie's recently purchased here in Cebu, Philippines at a local supermarket (USD 1.88 for a 6 blade tuck). I know they are legitimate because they say "Genuine Rubie Blades" on the front of the tuck and on each blade wrap. They also have one of those funny shiny stickers (bottom left) on the front of the tuck :c9:.

Tuck Front and Back
IMG_20200215_104002.jpg IMG_20200215_104018.jpg

Blade Wrap Front and Back
IMG_20200215_103946.jpg IMG_20200215_103921.jpg

Inside of Blade Wrap
IMG_20200215_103906.jpg

The Blade
IMG_20200215_103840.jpg IMG_20200215_103812.jpg IMG_20200215_103740.jpg
Look at the word "Caution" on the back of my tuck and on the back of BigD's tucks.

These blades work well for me on my peach fluff whiskers and elephant hide skin in a Ming Shi 2000S adjustable DE razor.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my Gillette Rubie's recently purchased here in Cebu, Philippines at a local supermarket (USD 1.88 for a 6 blade tuck). I know they are legitimate because they say "Genuine Rubie Blades" on the front of the tuck and on each blade wrap. They also have one of those funny shiny stickers (bottom left) on the front of the tuck :c9:.

Look at the word "Caution" on the back of my tuck and on the back of BigD's tucks.

These blades work well for me on my peach fluff whiskers and elephant hide skin in a Ming Shi 2000S adjustable DE razor.
Yeah yours look legit. Nice dark clear legible ink, glue dots which mine are missing, blade color looks uniform. The outer package of mine is different in that hologram mine says Gillette while yours says Rubie. I spent over $100 USD for fake blades, very disappointed... Thank you for posting photos.

I just received some Rubie blades today. They look identical to the pack you have in the upper left corner, as you can see the packaging design is different from the bottom 2. The blade has a weird color sheen look to it and the ink is blotchy/patchy at best which concerns me they may be fake. If so it's a huge loss as it was extremely expensive to get them shipped to me. Can you shed any light on your experience before I attempt a shave with one. Thanks.
You have any pictures of yours?

Had high hopes for this blade. Figured it would be similar to dark blue Gillette Platinum, but i couldnt finish shave #1 with it. May have been a bad one, but havent gone back to try another yet. Maybe ill try again.

Picked up some in Barrio Barretto near Subic in a local shop called Bizmart. 67 PHP (about $1.34) for a pack of 6. The box said made in China, though. They are great for two shaves with two passes. Had to do three passes and a pick up for the third shave. I suppose they'd be great for most of the locals. However, I think my thick beard was a bit much for them to get the distance I get from most other blades. My wife thinks they are cute.
Those are probably fake. Gillette Rubie is made in Russia. I've never come across any that were made in China.

Top Bottom