What's new

Gillette Rubie Ultra Stainless

Anyone tried the Gillette Rubie Ultra Stainless blade (pic 1)? I've tried the Rubie Platinum Plus (pic 2) but not the Ultra. Just bumped into them on Google images and wanted to give them a try. If you've tried them, where did you get them?

Thanks Much,

polaris

Gillette-Rubie-Ultra-Stainless-Blades-5pcs.png

Gillette-Rubie-Plus-DE-Safety-Razor-Blades-5-pack.jpg

Attachments

• Gillette-Rubie-Ultra-Stainless-Blades-5pcs.png
    Gillette-Rubie-Ultra-Stainless-Blades-5pcs.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Never saw these before....but I'll lay odds they aren't Russian...Looks like a Vietnamese blade wrapper...Maybe Thai ???

Interesting! I have not tried the Rubie ultra or the super stainless. Please write a review if you get some.

IIRC the Russian white Rubie Super Stainless is no longer manufactured. They only continue with the Rubie Platinum Plus

Interesting what you find on google...there are a couple of places in the Philippines and Vietnam that appear to be selling the Ultra blades and also have a Trac II style disposable razor under the same name. One of the stores listed the country of origin as China. I think @malocchio is correct that these are not genuine Russian Gillettes.

GilleteRubieII_Razor_BladePack.jpg

They are not Russian. The Rubie brand is distributed in the Philippines. Both the DE blades and the disposable rubies I had were manufactured in China by the Shanghai Gillette plant. I bought them a few years ago on eb*y but nowadays they are not available there. It was a seller from the Philippines as far as I can remember.

I was in Manila 6 months ago and they still are for sale at Puregold super markets.Sharp and smooth like Gillettte silver blues.50 Pesos per box.

Yes, but for us Westerners they are unobtainium. Help us find a vendor there who will ship them out of country and for a reasonable & fair price, please.

It will probably never happen because shipping to the North America or Europe is way too expensive. It would cost me 35 USD minimum ( up to 1 Kilo) by mail to just ship just a few packs and by boat it is still around 25 USD minimum and could take up to several months by ship.

It will probably never happen because shipping to the North America or Europe is way too expensive. It would cost me 35 USD minimum ( up to 1 Kilo) by mail to just ship just a few packs and by boat it is still around 25 USD minimum and could take up to several months by ship.

Well, since apparently you live there why don't you check these guys out for us. They have rave reviews on the Internet:

Well, since apparently you live there why don't you check these guys out for us. They have rave reviews on the Internet:

Ok. That is shipping from Manila to a US seaport. You would then have to pay shipping from the seaport such as LA to your destination. Also I am not in Manila and I would have to ship and pay for the items to go to Manila. Lastly the minimum cost for just using BOB (seaport to seaport) is still around $40-$50 for up to one kilo.

Ok. That is shipping from Manila to a US seaport. You would then have to pay shipping from the seaport such as LA to your destination. Also I am not in Manila and I would have to ship and pay for the items to go to Manila. Lastly the minimum cost for just using BOB (seaport to seaport) is still around $40-$50 for up to one kilo.

Well, so much for that plan. We're going to need a smuggler. 🤣

Well that sucks. We would need a huge bulk order to offset the cost of shipping. For a business like Maggards or Razor Blade club it could work though as they deal in higher volumes.

My blades arrived and am concerned they're fake. I posted some photos over on this thread. What do you think? Packaging is different to the photos you've posted and the blade ink is poorly done.

Top Bottom