What's new

Gillette Rocket -- Help!!!!!

Hello everyone,

This morning my wife and I ventured to a nearby antique market where we found many vintage Gillette DE's. We spent a few hours looking things over and, by the end of the day, we walked away with 2 razors.

1. 1952 Superspeed (excellent condition)
2. Gillette Rocket (excellent condition)

I find the Rocket most intriguing, as it indicates that it was "Made in England" under "Brit Pat No 430030". There is no date code, but after a bit of research I found this patent to have been registered in 1935. However, despite its early patent, I believe the Rocket was not produced until 1947 and was marketed in both Canada and England (instead of the Superspeed).

I am now trying to narrow down the date of this razor.

Would I be correct in assuming that since it has no date code, and that it apparently was not produced prior to 1947, that this razor would date between 1947 - 1950? I'm assuming that all Gillette DE's after 1950 have date codes stamped on them, regardless of where they were manufactured -- and that they all used the same notation for these codes.

Thanks for your help!
- Ken -

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your help. Do you know whether Gillette DE's manufactured in England used the same date codes, etc. as those produced in the USA?

- Ken -

GoTeeGuy said:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your help. Do you know whether Gillette DE's manufactured in England used the same date codes, etc. as those produced in the USA?

- Ken -

If you have a picture, I may be able to help.

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, I do not have access to a digital camera until Tuesday. I will try to remember to post some pics then.

Cheers,
- Ken -

Top Bottom