What's new

Gillette Pure Shave Cream

I found this in a Stop & Shop grocery store yesterday afternoon in upstate New York. I had never seen it before and it appears to be a new product. I tried it for the first time last night and really liked it. It's not the best product I've ever used, but it certainly did the trick. It's also a real lathering shave cream, which seams to be marketed towards people that have chemical sensitivities. I'm not going to give a full review here, but I will tell you that the scent is very pleasant and it is quite slick and protective. My nose isn't the best when it comes to picking out scent notes, but I'll call the scent generic Gillette fougere. Opening the tube, I knew I had smelled that scent before, but I couldn't put my finger on where or when. It may very well be that it's the same scent as one of Gillette's aftershaves. Someone with a better handle on scents can perhaps try this and let use know what that scent is. The instructions say to use your fingers or a brush to lather. It definitely worked well with my Vulfix badger. This is probably the first lathering shave cream Gillette has released in the US in decades. I'd love for some other people to try this and let me know what you think.
desktop_section_05_PURE_CREAM.png

I will keep an eye out for it and give it a try. I have to say I'm intrigued.

I took a look online and did not find any. It's on the gillette website, with a picture next to a SHAVE BRUSH of all things! Has gillette finally realized that people might actually shave this way? Simply amazing they got it through their thick skulls. You can't buy it there, though.

Anyway, Pure is nowhere to be found online. At least not with a cursory search.

Last edited:
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinn...te-going-natural-with-pure-shave-gel.amp.html

Looks like Gillette will be bringing back the 2 blade razor, dubbed as a “new” razor for sensitive skin.

Skinguard, already a few threads about it. Own it, love it, and will always keep one around. Considering they will be regularly available at Walmart and Target I'm sure this is my new travel option. I'm really waiting to find some of these new pure products locally.

Its a step in the right direction for sure.

Gillette really stumbled down a street with no exit when they started simply adding more blades to a razor and billing it as "new & improved"

Glad to see they've found a tangent.

You can get the skin guard through rite aide online and Walgreens online as well as some Target and Walgreens stores (not all yet), I think that's it as of now. Still have not seen the Pure anywhere.

I saw the new razor in Walmart and the foam/gel.

Darn, that's another one! I've been to all of my local walgreens, CVS, target, Walmart, and Publix (grocery store) in my local area averaging 3-4 stores each and have not seen any of these products in stores yet. I today found a can of the new barbasol Pacific rush with caffeine and menthol and that stuff rocks, if you like foams.

Darn, that's another one! I've been to all of my local walgreens, CVS, target, Walmart, and Publix (grocery store) in my local area averaging 3-4 stores each and have not seen any of these products in stores yet. I today found a can of the new barbasol Pacific rush with caffeine and menthol and that stuff rocks, if you like foams.
I have not bought one yet. The razor costs 14.00 at Walmart Tampa.

Very interesting. Its nice to see more and more brushless lathers being commonly available. I may have to try Pure the next time Im due to buy some more shaving cream.

Woah! 9.99 through rite aid.

If we are talking about the Indian guard, I get those through maggard and Amazon. If we are talking the skinguard, riteaid right now but online once I find them in bulk.
Sorry, I meant the Gillette Guard from India. Thank you for that bit of information sir!

Sorry, I meant the Gillette Guard from India. Thank you for that bit of information sir!

Ok. Maggard, west coast shaving, and Italian barber all sell handles and carts in different quantities at competitive prices. eBay is a good cheap bulk source but most of them come directly from India so expect to wait a month to get them. Amazon has been my best place in the past for bulk, there is a US seller who has 96 carts for between $22-$29 (gets higher as stock gets lower).

Well... After that last productive contribution to this topic, has anyone had a chance to try the new tubed cream yet? If so, with a brush?

My local Walmart now carries the skinguard and carts but not the pure gel or cream yet.

Top Bottom