What's new

Gillette Platniums

I got them in the sample pack from west coast shaving. Surprisingly they were better than the Derby's and feathers, but they are just a lot more expensive.

Well it is a Gillette Platnium. I think it is made in Russia. I don't know if it is the same blade in different packaging.

$20 for 5 blades?!
Now where did I leave my M3 handle?
edit:
I thought $40 was a bit pricey for a 100 pack of feather blades.

Last edited:
I just bought those a few days ago. I don't have them yet. I let ya know what I think. Not sure how long shipping from Dr. Idiot takes, but I think he's in Singapore or something, so maybe by next week.

Ahh, my mistake, the link went straight to the photo showing only one pack, then I scrolled up for the price.
Apologies, I didn't notice the seller was Jason either. I know Jason is normally good on pricing.
But Jason, if you are reading, maybe change the photo to reflect what you are selling as far as number of packs, there's a lot of rip off merchants on evilbay, and lot of them stand by their photo saying WYSIWYG as a way of ripping people off.
You don't have to take my advice though, you've sold more blades than I ever will :D

Well it is a Gillette Platnium. I think it is made in Russia. I don't know if it is the same blade in different packaging.

If I remember correctly, the received wisdom at SMF is that these two Gillette Platinums are different blades. I have only tried the second, newer type myself.

I think these are newer blades that are "replacing" the old Swedish Gillette blades. I have not tried them but they have gotten a pretty favorable review from a couple of guys over at SMF.

How do these stack up against the Gillette 7 O'Clock green russian mades? I know there are reviews out there for both, but I'm just wondering if someone's tried them back to back. Or should I have put this in a diff. thread? If so, my apologies.

The ones I got in my sample pack from West Coast Shaving are very, very good. I like them better than Derbys, almost as much as I like Feathers.

Top Bottom