What's new

Gillette Platinum?

Hey everyone, I typically use the yellow Feather D.E. blades (not sure the difference between those and the black/red ones but as a gift I recently for the Gillette Heritage travel kit. In the kit it came with a 5 pack of the platinum blades. On the blades the logo was black on both sides with the letters filled in. I also purchased a 100 pack of the platinums and the logo on the blade is just the outline and only on one side. Is there a difference? If you need more info, I can send pictures of anything

I've had 2 different label variations of the Platinum's over the years and didn't notice any difference, but I've read that others perceived a difference. Regarding etching on the blade itself, things like that change over time.

With everything though, YMMV. The real test is in the shave. Let us know your thoughts if you perceive any difference.

I've had 2 different label variations of the Platinum's over the years and didn't notice any difference, but I've read that others perceived a difference. Regarding etching on the blade itself, things like that change over time.

With everything though, YMMV. The real test is in the shave. Let us know your thoughts if you perceive any difference.
Absolutely. I appreciate the feedback on it. I think you are right with perceived difference. I’ve used the pack that came with the heritage kit and it seems fine. I notice the difference more in the actual DE razor itself between the Merkur and the Heritage.

Hey everyone, I typically use the yellow Feather D.E. blades (not sure the difference between those and the black/red ones but as a gift I recently for the Gillette Heritage travel kit. In the kit it came with a 5 pack of the platinum blades. On the blades the logo was black on both sides with the letters filled in. I also purchased a 100 pack of the platinums and the logo on the blade is just the outline and only on one side. Is there a difference? If you need more info, I can send pictures of anything

I have a Heritage, and ordered more Platinum blades which were as you described. Let me confuse you even more. There's a 3rd Platinum blade, aka Swedes, which in addition to the Gillette logo, has an arrow in the upper left and lower right corner. If you're already using Feathers, and they work for you, you're not going to find a sharper blade. I hate to admit that my son-in-law has been wetshaving longer than me, and the only blade he has ever used is Feather. I, on the other hand, being retired and shaving well into a bottle of gin, prefer a sharp but more forgiving blade than Feather.

Top Bottom