What's new

gillette platinum v's gillette silver blue

hi is there any differance in the 2 blades as i seem to have got the platinums instead of the silver blues how big a mistake have i made ?

hi is there any differance in the 2 blades as i seem to have got the platinums instead of the silver blues how big a mistake have i made ?
Better send them to me for proper disposal[emoji16]. You did fine. The Platinum used to be known as the Swede back in the early 2000's, and it's a smooth shaving long lasting blade.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Better send them to me for proper disposal[emoji16]. You did fine. The Platinum used to be known as the Swede back in the early 2000's, and it's a smooth shaving long lasting blade.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

But we don't know which Gillette Platinum the OP is referring to.

Light Blue (formerly white) box:
1596388659622.png

Or Dark Blue box:

1596388630401.png

I had a Vice President at Gillette tell me the platinum was the go to standard across all their lines (Ironically I have not tried GSB or platinum though :))

I’ve tried both the silver blues and the platinums and got great shaves with both. Even though I prefer the GSBs you won’t go wrong with the platinums

You may love them, or hate them. But only you can decide after trying them. Give them 5 - 10 shaves, at least, with each blade. And use 3 - 5 blades. In other words, use them for a month, then decide.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Not the same blade. I like the platinum blades quite a bit - probably my second choice after PolSilver. GSB don't seem to agree with my face/technique (too easy to produce a little irritation, which I don't get at all with Feather blades).

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I think you made a huge mistake if you want the label on the package to say GSB rather than Silver Platinums. Blade wise, I think they are the same, just different packing. I suspect that is the case for most of the Russian produced Gillette's.

Over the years Gillette acquired all manner of blade brands and launched brands too. Something for everyone. Rather than diminishing those lines to a few brands as they surely could have done, they kept the packaging and are selling more because there is a package graphic for just about any shaver out there.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I think you made a huge mistake if you want the label on the package to say GSB rather than Silver Platinums. Blade wise, I think they are the same, just different packing. I suspect that is the case for most of the Russian produced Gillette's.

Over the years Gillette acquired all manner of blade brands and launched brands too. Something for everyone. Rather than diminishing those lines to a few brands as they surely could have done, they kept the packaging and are selling more because there is a package graphic for just about any shaver out there.
You may be right, but they do feel different to me. I really like the Platinum blades, but the GSB blades definitely feel smoother to me. I was actually surprised when first trying the GSB, not expecting much difference.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Can you tell me the difference between these 2 "platinum" blades? Which box is closer to GSB?

You can read about the light blue ones here:

They are premium blades and their price is very high. I love them. I personally think they are better than the "regular" Platinums.

Top Bottom