What's new

Gillette Platinum (Russian)

I have been shaving with Gillette Platinum blades for quite a while, but I don't think the latest ones are "up to scratch". They seem rather blunt and "go off" rather quickly. I am going to return the 7 O' Clock Super Platinums which are made in India and are 100% reliable. I have used Taylor's Grapefruit for ages. It is excellent, but I should enjoy a change. Any suggestions?

These?

proxy.php

proxy.php

No. Box mainly white with blue edging, with what I think is Arabic writing. It could be Russian, but I can't recognise that either!

Have 200 of these...very nice blades...super smooth ... no complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
DB105885-DAAE-4607-BB15-B0C9373B5EAF.jpeg
I’ve been using these lately and found them sharp and smooth. The older packaging was not as sharp and tugged a lot.

I also like the Brazilian Platinum Plus. They are sharper and also smooth.

Have bought a very large quantity of 7 O'Clocks from India, but will try the modern packaged Russia Planimums when I have used them up.

Except for a specific Platinum Plus model, the blades on the market today labeled Gillette are Gillette in name only.Meaning they aren't connected in any way to the Gillette of back in the day except for having the same parent company, P&G.

Except for a specific Platinum Plus model, the blades on the market today labeled Gillette are Gillette in name only.Meaning they aren't connected in any way to the Gillette of back in the day except for having the same parent company, P&G.

And the so called "real" Gillette ceased to exist for that matter in the 1920's when King was forced out.

Top Bottom