What's new

Gillette Platinum Blue @ Amazon $9.87 / 100

Can anyone comment how these compare to other Gillette blades, specifically the GSB and Nacet? Thanks!

I find the Gillette Platinum blades to be similar to the Gillette Silver Blues even though the former are platinum coated and the later are not, go figure. The Nacets are significantly sharper. I have a tough, old man, white beard and consider Nacets to be one of my favorite blades due to their sharpness. If you do not need the extra sharpness of Nacets, the Platinums should be fine.

Thanks...The Nacets are one of my favorites ...

If you love Nacets, you can certainly stick with them as they are not expensive blades. However, with the situation between Russia and Ukraine, who knows if they will continue to be available. I am sure there is plenty of inventory in the pipeline.

Other non-Russian blades you might want to check out that perform in the range of Nacets are:

BIC Chrome Platinum from Greece
7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) from India, but these are pricey
Personna Platinum from Germany. These blades originally came from Israel. Remaining stock of Israeli reds is pricey.
Wilkinson Sword Classics from Germany- rather pricey
Dorco Prime Platinum STP301 from Vietnam
Lord Platinum or Shark Platinum from Egypt- I suspect these are the same blade in different packaging
Durablade Sharp Titanium from Bangladesh
Vidyut Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum from India

As you can see, there is an entire world of blades out there to explore.

Top Bottom