What's new

Gillette Pigskin ABC pocket ed. from Kirby Beard

Dear friends,
I found out this ABC pocket edition in black pigskin case. the set is in really good conditions and comes with a shell with two rings in gold razor. The razor shows a GinD stamp and the serial (Bserie) dates it in 1910 and the case is plush lined (as indicated in 1910 catalogues). The set should be a 505 BT set.
I think that the set by itself it's quite rare but imho even more interesting is that on the inner liner you can find a stamp that says Kirby.Beard & Co followed by a word that seems to be "Lo" (?).
I post in the following some pictures. I will add more pictures aften cleaning.
Ciao,
Andrea

20200521_215357.jpg
20200521_215435.jpg
20200521_215513.jpg
20200521_215530.jpg

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Awesome set Andy.

Kirby made their own razors as well, I also think they may have partnered with Gillette on things also.

R

romsitsa

Distributors and resellers often customised the cases with their company names.

Adam

Great condition all round, especially that case! I have a one ring ABC gold shell with a plain case that I thought was in great condition until I saw yours. Now mine is ‘very good’. If your case needs cleaning, I better put mine through the dishwasher. Enjoy!

Great condition all round, especially that case! I have a one ring ABC gold shell with a plain case that I thought was in great condition until I saw yours. Now mine is ‘very good’. If your case needs cleaning, I better put mine through the dishwasher. Enjoy!

I've been lucky enougth to find in the past a brown pigskin set: the case had to be restored while i didn't clean the new set yet.
ciao,
andy
20200522_073427.jpg
20200522_073458.jpg

Nice backup! :001_wub:

My ‘backup’ ABC shell is two ring, silver, just the razor. And it is the epitome of ’user-grade’ - plenty of plate loss on the cap, a lot of patina (tarnish). But I love it anyway and am holding off on polishing it. But no bent teeth, so it has dents in the handle instead.

Gillette made plenty of good looking razor models, but to me the ABCs are the top. And you have two of the best sets I’ve seen!

Top Bottom