What's new

Gillette New SC

B

Barney14

For anybody looking for an excellent and cheap razor, vintage or not an SC has got to be tried, the LC I had was amazing giving a close hassle free shave but the SC is just that bit better, especially AGT.

Gillette produced this razor 80 + years ago it has fool proof blade alignment, no Zamak and a shave that I don't think could for me be bettered at any price, paired with a GSB it's in a different league to any razor I have owned.

The SC was recommended to me 3 years ago, I didn't think an OC would be for me, how wrong could i be, please don't be put off by it being OC it's not harsh and doesn't feel dangerous.

Reactions: OB1
B

Barney14

I'm really liking my NSCs. It's my every-other-time razor in the rotation right now.

It's my only razor, the LCs have been sold, I only use TOBs cream, Rubie and GSB blades, I no longer look for other razors or blades.

The NEW's are the real Gamechanger's! I've sold or traded all of my razors because of how good they are.

I now own and use the long comb, short comb, and three RFB's.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have only tried the LC, I do have a couple SC’s that I will have to try soon. I, like others here have far too many razors.

I reduced my razors holdings to an even dozen recently and a newly nickel plated NSC is among the standing...

IMG_3447.jpeg

Yup. There is a difference between the LC and SC. IMV a big difference. The SC is my smoothest shaver (of 50+) and would be my stranded on a island shaver.

I have both the NEW SC and the NEW LC. I believe they perform similar, but I do have a preference for the LC for no identifiable reason.

I had my SC re-plated in 18k gold. Outstandingly beautiful. Sorry I don't have a digital camera to share the raw beauty of the evidence.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I do like mine but enjoy the long comb just a little more.
Re-plate in bright nickel.
full

I vote SC. One theory is that the more rigid geometry makes it more effective for some folks (read me) with some trade off in comfort/forgiveness. Whatever the reason it goes places my LC/Deluxe variants don't. My user SC has a common bar handle weighted with 1.25oz of tungsten putty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

For anybody looking for an excellent and cheap razor, vintage or not an SC has got to be tried, the LC I had was amazing giving a close hassle free shave but the SC is just that bit better, especially AGT.

Gillette produced this razor 80 + years ago it has fool proof blade alignment, no Zamak and a shave that I don't think could for me be bettered at any price, paired with a GSB it's in a different league to any razor I have owned.

The SC was recommended to me 3 years ago, I didn't think an OC would be for me, how wrong could i be, please don't be put off by it being OC it's not harsh and doesn't feel dangerous.

That has been my experience too.
A very nice razor.

I never tried a short comb but I've read here so many times that they shave about the same I was never tempted to try a SC. I do have a LC that I do enjoy using but it is not my favorite DE. I wish it had a little more blade feel to it. But I still like it. Here is mine I had nickel plated.

Gillette NEW LC.JPG

I never tried a short comb but I've read here so many times that they shave about the same I was never tempted to try a SC.
I can tell a difference, which, to me, means they are don't shave "about the same." The SC is significantly better...in my experience.

Top Bottom