What's new

Gillette NEW SC plate thickness

l'm happy to possess several Gillette NEWs. Today I realized that the thickness of some of my Gillette NEW SC vary. Patent info is exactly the same.

Did Gillette change something in the design? Or is this just due to production tolerances?

Attachments

• IMG_20210113_111429.jpg
    IMG_20210113_111429.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
l'm happy to possess several Gillette NEWs. Today I realized that the thickness of some of my Gillette NEW SC vary. Patent info is exactly the same.

Did Gillette change something in the design? Or is this just due to production tolerances?
I do not believe the overall thickness of the plates changed; however, I believe the depths of the four corner notches visible in your pictures did change. I have noticed a similar difference in some Goodwill razors, as well.

Tom

R

romsitsa

Thickness is the same, depth of corner notches changed. The one to the right is the only New base plate accepting the SC cap.
The SC cap had more pronounced (squared off) corner tabs.

Now I see the main difference. I've tried to show this in this photo.

I thought that all NEW SC can be used with the SC Cap and they are all the same.

So, I would assume that the right one is older. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210113_111429(1).jpg
    IMG_20210113_111429(1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
R

romsitsa

Exactly, that's the difference, and th right one should be older.
Here is the so SC cap, it won't fit anything else:

Exactly, that's the difference, and th right one should be older.
Here is the so SC cap, it won't fit anything else:

Thanks. I have also a NEW SC with this cap but I never looked so carefully to realize the difference of the plates.

Again, I have learned something new. Thank you very much!

Top Bottom