What's new

gillette NEW razors

i've talked to some of you about these and was asked to post pictures, so here are some pics of the gillette NEW style razors.

full

disassembled

full

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested to hear your feedback on these after having shaved with them. The only open-comb razor I have used is the Merkur 1904 Classic (diamond pattern handle). It was an okay-to-good shave but much different than those I get from the regular/closed comb HD.

you know i think i saw that exact razor pictured in the lower right today, looked discolored or copper and i didnt think enough of it to buy it (would have been a cheap purchase), what are your impressions of the shave it gives? similar to the "old style" gillette open combs? more like the techs? or somehting totally it's own?

OK gents, "I's gots to know", is there any difference or advantage to an open comb vs closed comb? What's the purpose of an open comb?

Kujo,

Like all other things shaving, it's a matter of preference.

From my own experience: One of the first razors that I owned was an open combed Murkur 1904 Classic. I chose it because the advertisement said that it was preferred by men with thicker beards. I used it for several months with adequate results before making my next purchase/trade for a Merkur HD (thanks Andrew). I find the HD to be a superior shaver. To me, the HD is a tad more aggressive and a tad smoother.

Having said all of this, buy an open comb. Your curiosity will plague you until you've tried one for yourself, and who knows, you may find it to be the cat's meow.

Kyle said:
Having said all of this, buy an open comb. Your curiosity will plague you until you've tried one for yourself, and who knows, you may find it to be the cat's meow.

Yeah, like I've resisted my other Acquisition Disorders so well up till now.....:cool:

Top Bottom