What's new

Gillette NEW Identification

Hi all,

After years of wetshaving with straights, hence my lack of DE knowledge but more importantly making peace with never going to own a heirloom item as all senior male family have long passed, no trace of shaving equipment except mom referencing electrics. Also we only have a single daughter so my hope of passing my shave stuff on was gone too, until yesterday! My aunt of 80 heard me talk about razors to my brother at a family gathering, she turned around walked to her room and produced this Gillette. It belonged to my grandmother of all people. My daughter can now use her graet grandmother’s Gillette to shave her legs and arms when she is older. I think that’s something special...

I know it’s from around the ‘30 and think its a NEW type flat bottom, but what is the correct model designation? Made in a England. I appreciate your knowledgeable response.

3BC23F4A-66C1-49DC-BA11-4AADA57F439A.jpeg

93D756EF-E4BE-4E5C-904D-FE15E7CFF0A6.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Hello, there is no known model name/number for the razor. The same razor was sold as a Minora/7 o'clock/Gillette/Rubie. As a Gillette, these razors came in service sets (blue tin), in flat brown or black bakelite case (nickel plated razor) and as a King George Jubilee set (silver plated in green box, or gold plated in reddish/maroon box).
Edit:
These also came in third party grooming sets. Made from ~1934 to ~1946.

Nickel

Gold (Jubilee)

Silver (Jubilee)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom