What's new

Gillette NEW Federal Set - My Best Looking DE Razor

I've got a fairly substantial collection of vintage razors, mostly Gillettes, a few SEs, and a couple of exotics, but overall, my favorite is this Gillette Federal Set from 1930. The razor itself is a gold-plated Long Comb NEW with a ball-end handle. What really sets this one off from the rest is a hand-embroidered, watered silk case for the razor case. Someone got themselves a really nice, handcrafted gift. It's in fantastic condition and although it's probably been used (there was a single used blade in the blade tuck, along with a dozen or so wrapped PAL blades), it's been extremely well cared for.

I have a couple of user-grade Long Comb NEWs that I use for regular shaving. This one stays in the display case.

I'm interested in seeing what you think is the #1 best-looking razor in your collection. Show it off for us!

IMG_7612.jpg

IMG_7613.jpg

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

Congrats, that's a very nice set. You're probably right, it was given to someone as a gift, used a couple of times, then put in a drawer for safe keeping.

As for my favorite, that's a tough one.

"I have a couple of user-grade Long Comb NEWs that I use for regular shaving. This one stays in the display case."

Beautiful, Do you expect to shave with it once in your life ? Even more, with a new wrapped blade? Life is short.
I shaved with it once, but not with one of the old blades. I don't trust blades older than I am.

Top Bottom