What's new

Gillette NEW Deluxe

Very nice! A bit pricey though. Looked like the gold plating was is pretty good shape. I would like to pick one of those up sometime to add to my collection.

The New Deluxe is on of the best shaving heads that Gillette ever made.
The teeth are a bit different from the New Improved, they are not as round at the tips and the bottom plate is flat.
I find the ND shaves a bit better than the New Improved, it is easier for me to find the correct angle with the ND. But I love the shaves that I get from both.
For me the ND is perfect when I have a few days of growth. Blades that work well for me in the ND are 7 O'clock Yellows, Blues, and Blacks.

Last edited:
Here's my NEW Deluxe. It get by far the most use.

proxy.php

I have both and they shave about the same. The Deluxe may be just a little milder, but both give a fine shave.

I have both and don't have the Criterion looking type like this. Mine are three piece versions with Tuckaway handles.

I feel the New Deluxe is much more aggressive than the New Standard version.

My comparisons may be different as the Tuckaway models have the bottom plate removable. Perhaps the versions on the New Standard type handle with the bottom plate attached have different characteristics.

Both, in my opinion, are very hungry shavers that deserve your full and undivided attention when being used.

Nice score. I'm jealous. Regardless of which type shaves which way it's a damn fine razor. :thumbup1:

The New Deluxe is on of the best shaving heads that Gillette ever made.
The teeth are a bit different from the New Improved, they are not as round at the tips and the bottom plate is flat.
I find the ND shaves a bit better than the New Improved, it is easier for me to find the correct angle with the ND. But I love the shaves that I get from both.
For me the ND is perfect when I have a few days of growth. Blades that work well for me in the ND are 7 O'clock Yellows, Blues, and Blacks.

+1 my ALL TIME fave....and I have tried them all!!:tongue_sm:tongue_sm

Very nice! A bit pricey though. Looked like the gold plating was is pretty good shape. I would like to pick one of those up sometime to add to my collection.

The price is about what I would expect to pay in the UK. Certain razors are harder to find here and tend to command higher prices. Also, international auctions always tend to attract higher bids.

I was aware of the crack in the barrel but the particular construction of this handle type means that it shouldn't cause any problems in use. I can always effect a repair if necessary.

My new deluxe gillette in a blackland hadle in brass of 85mm. My favorite vintage razor

Attachments

• 20230118_194825.jpg
    20230118_194825.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230118_194757.jpg
    20230118_194757.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230118_194825.jpg
    20230118_194825.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom