What's new

Gillette New De Luxe models

I believe this was marketed as the New Aristocrat set in 1930. But it may be the New President set.

If anyone knows for sure I’d love a definitive ID. Either way it is a great, complete set.

R

romsitsa

Beautiful set, it’s machine engraved, so it should be a President. Aristocrats were hand engraved.

Adam

Hello Achim,

thank you. Do I see correctly, that the Norfolk has a new case with a sliding clasp, while others have regular Tuckaway cases (push button)?

The Traveler set of yours:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1930 NEW De Luxe Gold Traveler.JPG

lists Gillette as founder, has 10 Blue blades and a serial numbered razor. So if Gillette resigned in April 1931, the set should be not earlier than May 1931, although the razor looks to have a low serial number, so maybe it was made in 1930. And then the Cruiser-Traveler change happened in 1931.

Adam

Hello Adam, I have one of those Tuckaway sets as well, but my serial number seems to be even lower. Can you at someone tell me when this razor head Type was first produced? I am curious. I have been out of the loop for a long time.
My set-
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

The De luxe was introduced in 1929, serial numbers in 1930, first run ceased in 1931.

Adam

I believe NEW Norfolk is only the Tuckaway style set with De Luxe head.
The NEW Tuckaway comes with a "normal" NEW head and a short common bar handle.
Also the NEW Somerset.

Hello Achim. I have a question about a Milady Deluxe set I recently acquired. The set is nearly mint, the only injury to the plating on the razor anywhere, is on the center of the cap where it contacted the case in the inside. It still has the original blades (10) in its blade safe. All this leads me to believe the razor was never used. So my question is, the set came with a small celluloid clip that was tucked away inside the case beneath the blade safe. Is this clip a part of the Milady DeLuxe set? Or just some random pare of something else that got stuffed in the case in its travels through time? Have you ever seen such clips before? Or heard of them? Thank you for any response in advance.

My set-
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here are a couple more photos of the clip-

proxy.php
proxy.php

Hello Achim. I have a question about a Milady Deluxe set I recently acquired. The set is nearly mint, the only injury to the plating on the razor anywhere, is on the center of the cap where it contacted the case in the inside. It still has the original blades (10) in its blade safe. All this leads me to believe the razor was never used. So my question is, the set came with a small celluloid clip that was tucked away inside the case beneath the blade safe. Is this clip a part of the Milady DeLuxe set? Or just some random pare of something else that got stuffed in the case in its travels through time? Have you ever seen such clips before? Or heard of them? Thank you for any response in advance.

every NI and NEW Milady comes with 2 of this clips. They are in the compartments under the blade box and the head to bring them up.

20190216_142131.jpg
20190216_142156.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom