What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

I tried a tuck of Nacets a while back and liked them quite a bit. I prefer GSBs and Gillette Blue, but all three work well for me. In fact, these are the three blades that convinced me to move away from Feathers (which are also an excellent blade).

They've always done me right. Probably use on average 8 or 9 out of every ten shaves.

First time I tried one I'd received 50 in the mail. I had a thing to be at and was short on time to get shaved. For some dumb reason I went for the brand-new Nacets. Should have been a bad move but came out BBS in a hurry!

Historically my beard seems to change a lot and now I've got a medical issue around inflammation that sometimes makes my leathery face sensitive. For some reason changing blades - or even switching to an SE or SR - often gives me a better shave short term. But I always come back to the Nacets. Lately I was struggling to get a good smooth shave. Switched to a Personna blade in a couple of different razors without much luck, then to an SE again without much improvement and then tried my SR with similar results. Loaded up a Nacet in my Super Speed today and there it was: nice smooth BBS shave with no irritation.

Nacet is my favorite blade as well. My second favorite is the BIC Chrome Platinum and after that Perma-sharp, Polsilver SI and Feather. I do try other blades from time to time out of curiosity, but I highly doubt that i'm ever going to find another blade that beats the sharpness-smoothness combo of the Nacet and also being just as inexpensive or cheaper at the same time. Every time I see someone new to the DE razors asking about blades I always tell them to try Nacet and look no further.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I was a gsb lover for the longest time, until I read a lot about the Nacets and decided to try a tuck... and was sold. I am bummed, BUMMED that I bought a back up sleeve of 100 gsb's and have to grind through thoughs before switching over to Nacet's. It'll be a few years.

I was a gsb lover for the longest time, until I read a lot about the Nacets and decided to try a tuck... and was sold. I am bummed, BUMMED that I bought a back up sleeve of 100 gsb's and have to grind through thoughs before switching over to Nacet's. It'll be a few years.

Hang in there, you're stronger and more resilient than you think. You'll get through this, brother..... ;-)

I too found the Nacet to be a great blade. The GSB is right there too but I keep grabbing the Nacet. Astras as great too and I think I get more blade feel and they last longer but the Nacet seems to keep winning. I have another 18 or 20 different blades to still try.

I really like Nacets as well, although my supply is dwindling. I have several that are in regular use for me besides. The Personna Labs and Israeli Reds (I don't have the newer German Reds yet) are up there, as are the GSB and Bevel blades. I also enjoy Vikings and German Wilkinsons.

I love the Nacets & recently ordered 100 from Amazon for $12.49.
Used one for todays shave. Love the Nacets.
I bought 100 from Amazon as well a couple of weeks ago for that price. I wanted some really sharp blades for testing the Maxwell June razor. They are not my favorite blades, none of the super sharp blades are. Of all the super sharp blades they are the most comfortable to me though and certainly worked really well in the Maxwell June Razor without any discomfort. I will probably test them again in my other razors. Sometimes improved shaving technique changes your perception of razors and blades. I probably need to retest the GSB as well. I have only used one GSB blade and it felt very uncomfortable to me at the time.

I bought 100 from Amazon as well a couple of weeks ago for that price. I wanted some really sharp blades for testing the Maxwell June razor. They are not my favorite blades, none of the super sharp blades are. Of all the super sharp blades they are the most comfortable to me though and certainly worked really well in the Maxwell June Razor without any discomfort. I will probably test them again in my other razors. Sometimes improved shaving technique changes your perception of razors and blades. I probably need to retest the GSB as well. I have only used one GSB blade and it felt very uncomfortable to me at the time.
GSB's are not as sharp as the Nacets but they work well on my face. Love the Sharp Edge Yellow & find them as sharp as the Nacets. But decided to order Nacets. Love the King C. Gillette blades but don't like the price. But the KCG blades are also not as sharp as the Nacets. But they work really well on my face. I mainly use mild razors & prefer sharper blades. Lately all I've been using is a Merkur 34C, 33C & a Muhle R89.

Nacets are my go to favourite blade

The smoothness to nacets are untouched imo, like the way it feels after I shaved my head and I rub my hands on my head's, bit surreal but don't get that smooth feeling with other blades

I used a fresh Nacet today in my Winning razor. It was a good shave and comfortable but I can feel the increased sharpness when I shave with it. I stopped my shave after 2 passes and still ended up with a BBS shave. I can't complain about that.

The Nacet is indeed a superb blade. For me the Silver Star and Wilkinson Sword come pretty close to it though.

Jason.

I've recently tried Personna Lab Blue for the first time and I think it's on par with Nacet or perhaps slightly better. I've used a single blade in 5 different razors and every shave was superb.
I found out recently on my RR GC .84 & .68 the Lab blue were nothing special. However on my Merkur 33C & 34C they were much better. But YMMV.

Top Bottom