What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

I don't know why it took me this long to discover this blade but I am absolutely loving the Gillette Nacet. It is just so smooth and sharp. I normally can't get BBS but after finding this blade, I'm finally able to achieve it fairly consistently. No pulling/tugging. No harshness. Gilette 7 o'clock yellows used to be my blade of choice but the Nacets just destroy hair ATG that my yellows got hung up on. I've even been playing with a lot of SE blades lately and I think this blade even beats them - more testing will be needed to confirm.

For those that love the Gillette Nacet - have you found anything even better than this?

Nacet is a fantastic blade. No doubt about it. I've used it for some time and it works well in all my razors. It gives me 7-9 good shaves.
However I've also been using the Gillette London Bridge for over a year now and while I get 7 shaves from this blade, I find it to be sharper and smoother than the Nacet. Pairs well with all my razors too.
YMMV of course.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I've heard a lot of very nice things about nacets, I ordered a handful to see what is this hype... looking forward to try them. I love feathers, they unforgiveness makes me slow down with a razor

Eben Stone

Staff member
Nacet is the best blade I've used.

Second favorite London Bridge.

I don't have a third that is worth mentioning.

I'm after running through a bunch of blade types in my ASD2 and, so far, the Nacet is tops. GSBs are pretty gosh darn good as well. Have not yet plopped in a Feather yet though.
You have a Feather razor, but don't use a Feather blade with it... now that is strange 😱 😨

The AS-D2 was designed to be used specifically with the Feather blade, as it combines the ultimate mildness of its head design with unprecedented sharpness of the Feather blade.

Nacets used to be my favorite blades, extremely sharp while maintaining a great level of smoothness. I'm currently using Wizamet SIs for my usual shaves, I get the same BBS result but I've noticed a decrease in weepers and irritation. I've also had a couple of Nacets that have been subpar.

Over the years, I've tried more than 50 different blades and the Nacets, Wizamet SIs and Gillette Platinums (light blue packs) are my top picks. Still have to try the Gillette Super Platinum though..

Top Bottom