What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

Up to now nacet is my favorite blade and it was the first 100 blades pack that I ordered.

Other blades that I've tried are wilkinskon sword (German), astor bic, astra sp & ss, feather and derby extra.

I would place astra ss as my second best blade it is almost as sharp and smooth as the nacet. Derby extra could not cut my tough beard and it is the worst blade that I've used.

I am a Nacet fan. I have noticed i get irritation with them in a Merkur 37 slant, but they're really really good in a 34C for me. I have a Gamechanger with both 68 and 84 plates coming and Nacet, Silver Blue, Permasharp, and both flavors of Astra will all be tested.

Astra SP blades are not sharp enough for my whisker conditions. I wish I had softer facial hair. I have a pack of Astra Stainless and I hope they can cut it. Pun intended, naturally.

For me, the other blades that come close to Nacet are - Personna Lab Blue, Perma-Sharp, BIC Chrome Platinum and maybe Polsilver SI/Wizamet. There are sharper blades like Feather and smoother like Voskhod, but they lack other things and the Feather costs at least 2 times more and are not fit for my number one spot.

I think this is a good appraisal. Very similar to my feelings. My favorite blade for smoothness is the 7 O'Clock Black. But they are more than 2X the price of Nacet's.

I do put the GSB on par with the Lab Blue's.
If you like the Nacet, try a Perma-sharp, I can't tell the difference between the two. Both excellent blades.

Currently, the Nacet's seem to be hovering around $15/hundred. The Russian PPI Perma-Sharp's are still under $10 and are on par with the Nacet's.

Just finished shaving earlier today with the Perma-Sharp and it proved to be a very smooth shave. This does give the Perma-Sharp a 50% price advantage over the Nacet.

The Nacet are currently on sale 10/100 on italian barber, but it doesn’t make sense unless you are buying other things to get free shipping .

I really liked the Nacet, and need to be more careful in appreciation. My primary driver is a blackbird titanium. I felt the personna lab blue are as sharp and smoother as the Nacet, but longer lasting. I also tried the Kai, and liked very much.
I would be buying more Nacet if I can get a good deal on it.

I confess I love Nacets. I have some Perma-sharps I haven't tried yet. I could be very happy using Nacets all the time but I find Astra SP's excellent too and they're a bit cheaper ...
This was posted about 6 months ago.
Since then, I've had the opportunity to try Perma-Sharps and they're now my favorite blade, tied with Nacets. But Astra SP's are behind them only by a whisker. They're all great. Whatever works and whatever you can get a deal on.

I don't know why it took me this long to discover this blade but I am absolutely loving the Gillette Nacet. It is just so smooth and sharp. I normally can't get BBS but after finding this blade, I'm finally able to achieve it fairly consistently. No pulling/tugging. No harshness. Gilette 7 o'clock yellows used to be my blade of choice but the Nacets just destroy hair ATG that my yellows got hung up on. I've even been playing with a lot of SE blades lately and I think this blade even beats them - more testing will be needed to confirm.

For those that love the Gillette Nacet - have you found anything even better than this?
Maybe this will help you, all my testing was only done on the Merkur 34C, remember YMMV because everybody is different

Feather Hi-Stainless <---- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Super Stainless (spoiler)
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Stainless red & white (old) the old version is no longer available on the market
Gillette Minora Stainless (new) see above FYI
Polsilver Super Iridium (old) & Wizamet Super Iridium (new) both are the same blades
BIC Chrome Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Gillette Platinum & King C Gillette
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Rubie
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum (orange & white)
Astra Superior Platinum <------ Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage US Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Shark Super Stainless
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp
German Wilkinson Sword
Tiger Platinum (grey)
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade
Cloud Super Stainless

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Nacet blades #1 Nacet1.1.jpg are a great blade and bought 100pcs years ago, I recently bought a tuck of Perma-sharp #1 Perma sharp 1.1.jpg blades from Italian barber on a large order and have to say they are slightly sharper and just as smooth as the Nacet blade IMO. 2 Great blades IMO.

Last edited:
Nacet blades are a great blade and bought 100pcs years ago, I recently bought a tuck of Perma-sharp blades from Italian barber on a large order and have to say they are slightly sharper and just as smooth as the Nacet blade IMO. 2 Great blades IMO.
I may need to retest the Perma-sharp again, it's been nearly 7 years since I last test them on my 34C.
Because the quality of the Perma-sharp edge has been improving over the years.

Since then, I've had the opportunity to try Perma-Sharps and they're now my favorite blade, tied with Nacets... They're all great. Whatever works and whatever you can get a deal on.

I like the Perma-Sharp's because they are an excellent blade, like the Nacet. I think they are more outstanding because the Nacet's are 50% more.

To me, both are just as sharp and both shave just as smooth.

Top Bottom