What's new

Gillette Model Identification Help?

Hi I was wondering if someone to tell me which M model this could be I know m stand for 67 and what qauter if there is any improvements or changes in the gilette slim of this year I was thinking about buying thank you :)
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

that's a slim. there should be a number 1-4 on the opposite of the letter coresponding to the quarter
The seller didn't have the right side of it in the photo. Is there much difference between the models much I have a few superspeeds from my grandfather and red tip and a E1 Fatboy

Is the right side (which the seller neglected to photograph) perhaps missing the endcap?
Can't tell if it's missing from my guess it isn't I found this on Facebook for a good deal was wondering if I want to pull the trigger on it but 25$ didn't seem bad for a 67 slim and a old spice Turk mug the condition was listed as good

Can't tell if it's missing from my guess it isn't I found this on Facebook for a good deal was wondering if I want to pull the trigger on it but 25$ didn't seem bad for a 67 slim and a old spice Turk mug the condition was listed as good
It only takes a second to send the seller a question. The mug would be a nice bonus.

True thought about messaging them I did have a few common old spice mugs I know this one is harder to find also $20 with $5 shipping I don't know much about the blades I've known them to be good or 7 o clock better

By the way having issues on mobile Tapatalk for replying to posts some reason

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would ask the seller to either post a few more photos or to let you know what number is on the other side of the razor head. Slims are good razors. I love the weight of them.

I would ask the seller to either post a few more photos or to let you know what number is on the other side of the razor head. Slims are good razors. I love the weight of them.
Any difference between the years? I know it's based off the superspeed head profile I do have a Fatboy and I love the length of it I know my grandparents had a silm somewhere back home years ago when I was a kid or that was my uncle's and then I know my grandpa had a gold toggle and Nickle plated

If you like longer handles, take a look at the Gillette Super Adjustable 109 (109.5mm long handle). They were made in both metal bottom plate & the newer dates with black plastic baseplates. Both shave the same as the Slim.
Super Adj Black Beauty.jpg

Slim & Super Adj.jpg

I just asked the guy he said that they are

R

romsitsa

I was talking about the other years tho they produced them but I'm sure there isn't much

The "major" changes: T bar changed from 1 piece with end tabs to three piece with ends crimped on, tabs on the doors changed from rouned square to triangle, some late Slims got Super adjustable adjuster plates. And imho the quality of the finish declined over the years.

Adam

The "major" changes: T bar changed from 1 piece with end tabs to three piece with ends crimped on, tabs on the doors changed from rouned square to triangle, some late Slims got Super adjustable adjuster plates. And imho the quality of the finish declined over the years.

Adam
Just read on here a old thread that someone compared a M1 to a L1 & a N said M1 is a better shave Which the one is listed selling for thinking about pulling the trigger on it guy said both of the end caps are existing also he said the blades aren't bad

R

romsitsa

One razor compared to another doesn't mean that an entier batch produced in the same quarter will shave better than another batch.
Slims were mass produced, so basically all are the same, if not, it's either tolerance or one is out of alignement/bent.
The differences listed by me were minor, and helped to cut costs and ease manufacture.

Adam

One razor compared to another doesn't mean that an entier batch produced in the same quarter will shave better than another batch.
Slims were mass produced, so basically all are the same, if not, it's either tolerance or one is out of alignement/bent.
The differences listed by me were minor, and helped to cut costs and ease manufacture.

Adam
Thank you for response

Passed on the deal couldn't think I needed a extra mug and a razor I wasn't sure on that I may have to send in

Top Bottom