What's new

Gillette Minora

These blades are made in Russia and sold exclusively in the South African market, from what I understand. I'm interested in acquiring a few here in the US, and I'm wondering if anyone knows a bulk seller located somewhere other than SA? The postal system there is notoriously bad, and I would like to order these blades directly from Europe or domestically if possible. Thank you in advance for your help.
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 10.53.48 PM.png

Try razorbladesclub I've seen those blades on there website, they ship from Germany and you will get your blades in about 2 weeks max. They also ship free if you buy 100 blades.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Try razorbladesclub I've seen those blades on there website, they ship from Germany and you will get your blades in about 2 weeks max. They also ship free if you buy 100 blades.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the recommendation. I've already ordered a single tuck from them and I liked the blades so much that I want to buy in bulk now, but it seems they don't offer Minoras at a discounted rate if you buy 100+.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've already ordered a single tuck from them and I liked the blades so much that I want to buy in bulk now, but it seems they don't offer Minoras at a discounted rate if you buy 100+.
It's even stranger. 1 blade €0,79 5 blades €3,99

The real question is whether the Minora blades were a separate blade specification or whether they were simply the same as another blade packaged for the SA market. I doubt that the SA market alone would be large enough to warrant making a blade just for them, but changing the printing on the blade and the package would be easy enough.

The real question is whether the Minora blades were a separate blade specification or whether they were simply the same as another blade packaged for the SA market. I doubt that the SA market alone would be large enough to warrant making a blade just for them, but changing the printing on the blade and the package would be easy enough.
I have this question about several blades made by P&G/Gillette. So many different brands of blades are made in the same factories. It seems plausible that some are made exactly the same but have a different logo and name printed on them.

I have this question about several blades made by P&G/Gillette. So many different brands of blades are made in the same factories. It seems plausible that some are made exactly the same but have a different logo and name printed on them.

The definitely make a variety of blades, but they may sell more brands than they actually blade types.

You mean the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows? I haven't tried those yet. Might need to if I keep striking out in terms of finding Minoras.

The 7 O'Clock Yellow are nice blades. They are my favorite blade in the aggressive R41 razor as they are smooth and not overly sharp. In less aggressive razors, I prefer even sharper blades to slice my tough beard.

I agree with you, I don't think all the different brands of blade are all different. It's literally just the printing and packaging. I've been shot down when suggesting this before though! I do think there are a few types, but certainly not a different blade for each brand...

I have a bunch of the original Minora blades (WW2 era) from when they were still made in Canada, before Gillette bought them out. Absolutely awful compared to an average modern blade... but very cute packaging.

I have a bunch of the original Minora blades (WW2 era) from when they were still made in Canada, before Gillette bought them out. Absolutely awful compared to an average modern blade... but very cute packaging.

Blades made during the WW2 era would be awful. It wasn't until much later than coated stainless blades were developed. That was a huge improvement in blade technology.

Top Bottom