What's new

Gillette Minora, your thoughts?

I just came across these on italianbarber. I’ve been at this for a while but these are new to me. I’ve tried many of the popular PPI blades and I find most of them to be great, Nacets especially. Please share your experience, how do these compare with other PPI blades?
58968116-4CB5-4A64-85DC-4B91035659B0.jpeg

I tried them but didnt think they were that great. They didnt seem that smooth to me. Nacet and other Gillette blades seemed better. I had higher expectations for these blades.

The Minora Stainless is one of my top favorites. I loaded a fresh one yesterday, matter of fact. Smooth and consistent for 5 shaves. I usually toss a blade after 5 regardless, so haven't pushed the longevity limits I suppose. They are sharp but not Nacet sharp. Reminds me more of the 7 O'clock SharpEdge yellows. The smoothness is the draw for me. I consider my 60yr old whiskers normal, not super coarse nor fine but my skin at this age is fairly sensitive. Personally, I've stocked up about 400 since they came on my radar. I should snag another 100. 😆

Last edited:
Recently I was given a Minora Platinum and it was a very nice blade, smooth and sharp. I got a regular amount of shaves from it, but they were nice shaves.

I bought a bunch of Minora Stainless at a good price. I remember the first couple being just "eh, ok" but I don't remember which razors I used them in.

Recently I put one in a Ming Shi Futur clone and wow it shined! I had several excellent shaves and actually tossed it before it was done, just to move on to participate in a PIF.

So it really does seem to depend on the razor as far as how a blade performs.

I tried the Minora SS in my red tip. Think Silver Blue sharp without the smoothness. It wasn't a great or a bad shave just average. Someone compared them to the Astra SS and I agree. They may even be the same blade. I won't be seeking these out since they are nothing special.

I haven't tried the Minora platinum and won't at the prices they are asking.

Last edited:
Using one now in my razorock German 37 (merkur 37c clone head) and been working great. Probably have 4 full shaves and 3 neck only since I'm growing a beard again

Someone else speculated that it might be a Nacet blade packaged and sold to a different region of the globe. Could that be? Is it anywhere near as sharp as an alligator cutter?

I have only tried the Minora Stainless.
Mid range PPI blade, not the sharpest nor the smoothest. Similar to the Russian green 7 0'Clocks (not to be confused with the mediocre Indian Permasharps).
In my experience they are better than many PPI offerings.
The Minora brand is targeted to the South African market where they are extremely popular.

Top Bottom