What's new

Gillette Minora Stainless proof of the pudding.

After the bloody nose the Yaqi Agamemnon punched me, making me humble on my supposed improved technique, I didn't shave my head for 5 days. The skin damage on my scalp did not permit it. I did, however, have a beard shave. This was to be a demonstration for my youngest son, who decided to start wet shaving.
Since I am very pleased and at ease with the outstanding Parker Semi Slant, I decided to try a new blade.
I chose the Gillette Minora Stainless steel, also known as the yellow, as opposed to the purple, which doesn't get much praise. Although the yellow Minora does, I don't see many use on Badger & Blade. I can now say that this blade deserves a broader usage. A member suggested I use this blade, but that does not always mean a blade and me come to like each other.
The beard shave was indeed, as predicted, very, very smooth and forgiving. After two relaxed passes, it produced an excellent BBS. Even the Adams' Apple area was easy as a spring rain.
But this short review does not end here.
While the scalp damage needed more healing, I was worried about the growing stubble. and although I swore I would not use another razor for my head shaves untill I tame the Agamemnon, I felt I had to shave the increasing stubble, but not with the Chinese butcher.
I then decided to use the Parker and the Minora and see if they would rip the still healing spots.
Well: they did not. In fact: i could petform two wtg passes without drawing blood at all.
I think that a blade that can deliver such a nice and safe shave deserves more praise and more usage.
It sure has proven it is worth at least a try.
Enjoy!

The Stainless are not cheap either, but so far, I'd say they are worth it. Don't know how long they might last. I usually do a two days beard and head shave. Many blades are done after this. Then again: I have an old mans' coarse hair.

I got a 100 pack of these from Amazon for 15 CAD. the seller on there has been reliable so I took a gamble

It shaved nice. Kind of felt the blade more where they have that first shave bite like a Nacet. But still did an admirable job. I did a video review and I said in it based one one shave they are at the bottom of the PPI group but that's still a pretty good spot to be in

I got a 100 pack of these from Amazon for 15 CAD. the seller on there has been reliable so I took a gamble

It shaved nice. Kind of felt the blade more where they have that first shave bite like a Nacet. But still did an admirable job. I did a video review and I said in it based one one shave they are at the bottom of the PPI group but that's still a pretty good spot to be in
I agree. Good blade but far from my favourite Russian Gillette. I got a deal on 300 and they will likely outlast me.

I was very pleased with the yellow Minor SS. For me, I don’t get the warm fuzzy using the Nacet in the r89 as I do with my more aggressive razors.

The Minora feels superb to me in my daily Mühle r89, maybe a top 3 in that setup.

Top Bottom