What's new

Gillette Mach 3

Am I going to ______ using my old Mach 3.

• Love

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Hate

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Love but pretend to hate

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Other

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
I picked up a Mach 3 to use when I don't have time for a proper shave.
This!!

Nothing beats a Mach 3 for a quick, mindless shave.

It doesn't shave as close as my DE89 but I wasn't expecting it to.

Yeah...I feel them whiskers coming out by the end of the day if I shave with a Mach 3 in the morning. When I use a DE, I feel the same growth at the end of the next day.

With a Mach 3 I would need to shave at least 4 times a week. With a DE I can get away with shaving only two times per week.

I have an M3 Power razor. Love it. Getting blades for it is expensive however. Anyone know where I can get blades that aren't too expensive?

The Mach3 is a safety razor.
Not really. A safety razor has the safety (bar,comb,etc..) built into the razor head itself. Therefore it is a safety razor. On a cartridge razor, the "safety" is built into the cartridge. Therefore not technically a safety razor.

I think you will love it. I still use them in my head and they work fine. I also use them on my face when I travel and don't check a bag. Good prep and software is key.

Not really. A safety razor has the safety (bar,comb,etc..) built into the razor head itself. Therefore it is a safety razor. On a cartridge razor, the "safety" is built into the cartridge. Therefore not technically a safety razor.
The Durham Duplex and Weck Sextoblade are both safety razors, both do not have the comb built in. Your definition is flawed.

Recently had eye surgery, no contact lens in left eye for three plus weeks prior, blind there w/o lens. Picked up my old Mach 3, got 18.00 coupon from Gillette some time ago, and shaved every other day with it. Very smooth shave, easy for me to use rather than DE or Straight, much safer. Absolutely NO COMPLAINTS.

I shaved with carts for 35+ years, but never a Mach 3 (how'd I miss that one?). A 2 blade Sensor Excel was my favorite, but I would occasionally use a Quattro for a change of pace. 10 months after switching to DE, I took my favorite Sensor 2 blade on vacation, for reasons I can't remember. After the 1st shave, I tossed the Sensor in the hotel trash and didn't shave again until I got home. It will be 10 years of DE in a few months and I cannot imagine ever again using a cart. Besides a better shave with DE, I don't miss plucking out the ingrown hairs I got with carts.

I shaved with carts for 35+ years, but never a Mach 3 (how'd I miss that one?). A 2 blade Sensor Excel was my favorite, but I would occasionally use a Quattro for a change of pace. 10 months after switching to DE, I took my favorite Sensor 2 blade on vacation, for reasons I can't remember. After the 1st shave, I tossed the Sensor in the hotel trash and didn't shave again until I got home. It will be 10 years of DE in a few months and I cannot imagine ever again using a cart. Besides a better shave with DE, I don't miss plucking out the ingrown hairs I got with carts.
I liked the Quattro too. But I’m never going back either. Not only do I get a better shave with DE, but it’s brought more happiness and satisfaction to my life.

I liked the Quattro too. But I’m never going back either. Not only do I get a better shave with DE, but it’s brought more happiness and satisfaction to my life.
I get a zen experience of peace and happiness using a Feather AC. But sometimes I just need a shave, and a Mach3 will do :) ...

So you have no experience of a Mach3 in a Mach3 thread, great. Well thanks. Very much appreciated.

Top Bottom