What's new

Gillette Mach 3 Start is the same head design like the old mach 3 ?

Do the design of the Gillette Mach 3 Start is the same head design like the old gillette mach 3 ?
I attach a picture of the packing of Gillette Mach 3 Start and picture of the old mach 3 design head.
Many Thanks
idan.

old design Gillette Mach 3 head
proxy.php

Gillette Mach 3 Start
proxy.php

Same head head as far as I can tell. Walmart has them in a gift set with a can of shave gel. The Mach-3 always gave me skin irritation after the 2nd shave.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Same head head as far as I can tell. Walmart has them in a gift set with a can of shave gel. The Mach-3 always gave me skin irritation after the 2nd shave.

Clayton

you sure this is was like the old design ?
this is the new design, and they are very similar, It's easy to get confused .. ...
proxy.php

It's the same blade.

Clayton

its not the same head..look the micro-fins in the new one has a few more than the old one.
In my opinion, Gillette destroyed it and now the new head does not shave smoothly even after I go against the direction of the hair growth ...
My question from the beginning is: the head of the "Gillette Mach 3 START" looks like the new design or old design....
Many thanks
IDAN.
proxy.php

The Mach 3 Start (Gillette3 here on the west side of the pond) is the original Mach 3. The product currently sold as Mach 3 is advertised as an improved product.

The Mach 3 Start (Gillette3 here on the west side of the pond) is the original Mach 3. The product currently sold as Mach 3 is advertised as an improved product.
So tell me if i understood right, the older design head of mach 3 is available for purchase and still exist in usa under the name "gillette 3"? Thanks..

The new Mach3 have the rubber band covering the bottom of the cartridge entirely. Gillette also say the first two blades are sharper compared to the old Mach3. True or not the new is harsher to my skin, maybe due to the increased sharpness.

The new Gillette 3 are the old Mach3 according to whose who tried them. I have read they feel and shave exactly the same. I haven't tried them yet though.

So tell me if i understood right, the older design head of mach 3 is available for purchase and still exist in usa under the name "gillette 3"? Thanks..

Adding onto my previous reply, I found where I learned this information. Sharpologist (Mantic59) posted an interview with a member of Gillette's PR team, who told him that the current Mach 3 is a new thinner blade introduced in 2016, and the Gillette3/Mach3 Start use the previous blade technology. No matter how they look, the Gillette3 should give the same shave as pre-2016 Mach 3.

The good news if you like the older head design is that the Gillette3 cartridges are quite a bit less expensive than Mach3.

Adding onto my previous reply, I found where I learned this information. Sharpologist (Mantic59) posted an interview with a member of Gillette's PR team, who told him that the current Mach 3 is a new thinner blade introduced in 2016, and the Gillette3/Mach3 Start use the previous blade technology. No matter how they look, the Gillette3 should give the same shave as pre-2016 Mach 3.

The good news if you like the older head design is that the Gillette3 cartridges are quite a bit less expensive than Mach3.

Thank you, you helped me a lot :) ...

the mach 3 old design head is the best cart i ever tried its the only one razor i can go against the grain and no razor bumps ! . i tried many razor and in each one I find a disadvantage:

Gillette Mach 3 old design head (very very recommended)- just perfect no bumps no irritation feels smooth and great and sharp and non clog easily, the shave is always BBS !

Gillette Mach 3 new design/mach 3 Turbo new design (i tried both) - feels harsh, and rough: gives me skin irritation and the shave not smooth even if i going against the grain.

Gillette Fusion 5 - The shaving results are always BBS ,but i get always razor bumps with this cart and the feeling is also rough on the skin...
The disadvantage is: expensive carts.

Gillette Fusion Proglide(recommended) - Actually pretty good , feels smooth on the skin (not smooth as old mach 3) and always BBS results , i get razor bumps with this razor but really seldom (Especially when it loses its sharpness).
The disadvantage is: expensive carts,and enough for only 6 shavings per cartridge.
and in shave number 6 its feels dull.

gillette sensor excel - feels rough and aggressive , and provide many cuts if you are not careful with that , the results is not BBS .

schick hydro 5 - very smooth on the skin but the results in not bbs and not smooth as gillette razors.

all de razors and de blades - many cuts and not bbs like carts razors, the shave takes a much longer time than carts, i have heavy beard and i must to do 3 pass shave wtg , xtg , atg, if i skip on the xtg pass and going atg in the second pass i get cuts (Because of the resistance)...
In addition: you must make proper preparation for each hot shower before the shave , if not , its feels tugging and pulling.
with de razors i must to take a hot shower before.
With all the add-ons: aftershaves, shaving creams, soaps and accessories etc. In the end it comes out more expensive than the cartridges
The advantage is: that if you make do with the same tools(and don't buy new things) then this is economic.

Last edited:
M

Member 113878

Looking for Mach3 compatible cartridges less expensive than Gillette's.
Suggestions please?

The Bic Us and Bic Made For You (same blades and razor system, uses Made for You name on amazon.com only) blades are good and are compatible with the Mach 3. I like them more with the Bic Handle. Although I don´t see any deals now, I have been able to get the blades for $1.25 each with various deals on walgreens.com (not sold in stores) and have gotten some clearance deals at walmart.com (14 blades and 2 handles for $15 and $9 about three months ago).

Top Bottom