What's new

Gillette London Bridge Blades

The Gillette London Bridge blades in question here are the ones in my picture in my first few posts, packed in orange.

As for the Wilkinson Sword blades, the original ones from Germany are packed in black tucks. There are also Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades made in India as well as China that come in blue tucks. These are totally different from the Gillette London Bridge.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
Actually the original ones were made in England and were not in black tucks, and they were amongst the best ever with those lucky enough to have both them and the famous Light Brigades claiming as good if not the same blade. Ill post a pic of the originals in a bit.

Here you go
rUZkTaR.jpg
X9GYuO8.jpg

I think these from England haven't been produced for some time.

You're right, they haven't. All I use are vintage blades and both the original London Bridge and the mythical Light Brigades are the rarest and sellers never negotiate their prices so I have very little of the latter and only a tuck of the former and I've been able to acquire at reasonable prices north of a hundred of each of all the others I use

Eben Stone

Staff member
Today, 7th use of London Bridge blade in an R41. No problem first pass ATG. Close and zero irritation shave. My only complaint so far is the shipping charges to acquire these blades.

Today, 7th use of London Bridge blade in an R41. No problem first pass ATG. Close and zero irritation shave. My only complaint so far is the shipping charges to acquire these blades.

Razor Blades Club stock them now and their shipping charges worldwide are pretty good from what I gather.

There's a seller on UK eBay who stocks them but I'm not sure whether they ship to the USA or not.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Today I achieved a great shave, close and zero irritation, using an R41 + London Bridge #18. Alum block felt like a popsicle.

A little tuginess when attempting to go first pass ATG over the goatee area, otherwise no issues.

I paid more in shipping charges to acquire these blades than the price of the blades themselves. At 18 shaves per blade, *including shipping*, this is the least expensive cost per shave blade I've tried.

I'm sure I can easily get a few more great shaves from this blade...

Glad you like the blade. For USD 4.50 for a 100 blades here in Malaysia, it's a steal. It works very well for me in all my razors. Sharp and smooth. One of my favorites.
I get what u mean when u say that the alum block feels like a popsicle. I get no feedback from it.

I've had my third shave with the new Gillette London Bridge blade and they have all been exceptional, lots of life left in the blade still.

One of the rare occasions where my expectations for a new product were equalled.
They are indeed very good blades. Geofatboy from Shave Nation is looking at stocking up on them. I hope it happens as it'll make it easier and cheaper for guys in the US to get hold of.

After reading through this thread, I had my first shave with a London Bridge blade today in a Wolfman 1.25 SB. It was a great shave. Halfway through the first pass the new blade became very smooth and I got a great 8 hour BBS shave with no irritation. My top blade in this razor (and others) right now is a German Wilkinson Sword that I can usually get a smooth, irritation free, 10 - 12 hour BBS shave with.

A less than stellar first blade use doesn't necessarily mean a blade isn't for me, but a top notch experience like this one on first use is usually a good sign.

Seriously, guys! Stop it already with the praising reviews. :biggrin1: In 6 months these blades are going to cost an arm and a leg.

A bump on this thread... while online browsing these popped up as Gillette Nacets don't seem available for me here in Thailand.

Positive reviews here meant I've taken a chance on them... not much of a chance, though, as they're only 131 Baht/100 delivered = $3.79. Ordered 200 just because... shrug. They're easily found on Lazada or Shopee Thailand.

Will see how they go once I get back in a month from the oil rig.

For comparison I have Feather, which are 620bht = $17.94 /100 and also got some Astra SS as they were 266bht= $7.70/100.

I'll give them another chance in the coming week to see if my opinion on them changes, but, atm, I would rate them as a good blade. I wouldn't consider them top tier, but perhaps they may be close to that level.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have a huge stash of the vintage UK London Bridge blades, so I have wanted to get a pack of these new production blades for a while. I may have to hit the bay and pick some up. The Vintage ones are a top tier blade for me.

Finally have had some shaves with the London Bridge blade…

I’d been using the Astra SS while away at work for a month… and they were notably awful. So bad, i suspect they were rejects - the plastic container/bank like the Feather comes in, was not correct - as in the slot for used blades was sealed / not a slot.

Once back home, i first used a Feather in the same Henson AL13 just to check if the razor was ok, and all was well - so on with the Gillettes...

Used the same Henson AL13 mild with either Arko/MWF or Cella/MWF shave stick for all shaves & Osma Alum block and Thayers Witchhazel after.

First shave the London Bridge seemed very similar to a Feather in sharpness perhaps slightly less nippy - but the Henson keeps things ok with a Feather anyway... 2nd shave was lovely and so it continued.

My Tatara Masamune arrived but i've resisted temptation and kept on with the Henson and same blade... for the full week.

Yup, 7 days on the one Gillette London Bridge - i'll add I'm doing a 2 pass shave every day. Last shave was still perfectly fine - so very pleased.
I'll report back once i've had more time with them and the Tatara (i'll be trying out this London Bridge vs Feather with Masamune and then Masamune with Nodachi base plate).

Great shave - and preposterous value for money... $7.60 for 200 weeks, almost 4 years worth of daily shaves is ludicrous.

The packaging is rather nice too - and no plastic waste (I'll probably take Feathers offshore with me to work as then i'll not need to take any extra blade bank)

LondonBridge.JPG

Top Bottom