What's new

Gillette London Bridge Blades

About to get a few tucks of these blades later today from my usual blade supplier.
Never heard or even seen this blade before.
Anyone tried this before? I'll post pics of the packaging and blade once I have them. I'll also provide my daily feedback after I've completed my shave with it.
I'll base my comparison of these blades to the Personna Lab Blue just so you guys can have an idea.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

What market are these blades from? Ive never heard of myself
Apparently these are made by Gillette China, like the Gillette Wilkinson Sword. I hear these blades are good. But I have yet to try them.

I heard the Gillette Super Blue are good blades from China also. Not the Tian Li knockoffs.. I love the Chinese GWS personally

I heard the Gillette Super Blue are good blades from China also. Not the Tian Li knockoffs.. I love the Chinese GWS personally
Yeah I use the Wilkinson Sword that are made in both India and China. Very good blades. Let's see how well the London Bridge performs. Pretty cheap here in Malaysia. I'll collect a few tucks later this afternoon.

Holy cow! These blade are very impressive.
I picked up 5 tucks from my shaving gear supplier earlier today.
I wasn't expecting much from it, considering it comes from China. Firstly, this blade is SHARP!!! I recently used Feather for a while and I can say that this blade is up there in terms of sharpness. No doubt about it. It's also a lot more comfortable. As smooth as Personna Lab Blue. I am genuinely impressed. Definitely want to purchase a few hundred haha. But I want to see how many shaves I can get from it. My beard is hard and course. Feather only gives me 3 shaves. Astra gives me 5. If I can get 4-5 out of this blade, that would be fantastic.
I hope you guys out there give this blade a try.
proxy.php

So who is your supplier. When I google London Bridge Blades I get links to a couple of threads on B&B (one of them is this thread) and several links to stories of a knife attack on London Bridge.

So who is your supplier. When I google London Bridge Blades I get links to a couple of threads on B&B (one of them is this thread) and several links to stories of a knife attack on London Bridge.
Hahaha.
By supplier has a shop here in Malaysia, close to where I live. Unfortunately he's not on Amazon or eBay. I'll try to. Research and see if I can get anyone who ships international.

Wow... I believe the original English London Bridge stopped making these blades somewhere around 1983 directly from UK?

Now... the Chinese are taking over the production blades of the London Bridge, they won’t feel the same way as the original true brand anymore.

Is there a manufacturer production date on the pack???

Wow... I believe the original English London Bridge stopped making these blades somewhere around 1983 directly from UK?

Now... the Chinese are taking over the production blades of the London Bridge, they won’t feel the same way as the original true brand anymore.

Is there a manufacturer production date on the pack???
Yeah the ones made in UK no longer exist.
Never tried them though. Not sure how the China ones compare, but for me these blades are very very impressive. As mentioned earlier, this is one of the best blades I've ever tried. That says a lot considering that I have tested over 40 different types.

Yeah the ones made in UK no longer exist.
Never tried them though. Not sure how the China ones compare, but for me these blades are very very impressive. As mentioned earlier, this is one of the best blades I've ever tried. That says a lot considering that I have tested over 40 different types.

I understand, but, is there a manufacturer production date on the pack???

I understand, but, is there a manufacturer production date on the pack???
I looked by can't find it. I comes in packs of 100 blades. I believe the package has dates. The pucks I received were samples. No dates on the individual pucks.
Apparently these are new products in the market. Hopefully it becomes available in other countries.

I looked by can't find it. I comes in packs of 100 blades. I believe the package has dates. The pucks I received were samples. No dates on the individual pucks.
Apparently these are new products in the market. Hopefully it becomes available in other countries.

That's weird for not showing manufacturer production date on the pack, do you have any idea's roughly what year when the new London Bridge was in production? Otherwise, keep on investiagting as much as you can.

That's weird for not showing manufacturer production date on the pack, do you have any idea's roughly what year when the new London Bridge was in production? Otherwise, keep on investiagting as much as you can.
I see most sellers in Asia selling these blades starting from 2019. Mainly for the Philippines and Indonesia market.
I'll try to get more tucks from my guy and will try to send some blades to u and others who may be interested in trying it out. Trying to get another 10 tucks. I can't send blades to everyone, but first come first served. I'd really like more people to try this blade. I'm sure most will like it. It's pretty cheap and definitely a good deal.

Nothing on Try A Blade and the Razor Blade Club very strange?
Very strange. Even my supplier never heard of it before. He saw it for the first time when samples were sent together with his shipment.
I think it's still new. Might take a while before it gets distributed in other parts of the world.
These blades are common in Philippines as well as Indonesia. Shops sells them. I've never seen any here in Malaysia.

Top Bottom