What's new

Gillette LC

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hello, all. I'm writing a quick review of a Gillette LC that was recently gifted me by @Tanuki . He described it as user grade, as it needs to have the ends epoxied together, but the teeth are perfect, and it shaved very well.

I took a one day break from my "shaving like grampa" petri dish experiment. I decided to give this razor some respect, lol. My blade of choice was my old GSB, and I did shave number 40 on it. The soap was Cella? from @shavefan that I shoved in an old deodorant container. My brush was from @Macfrommichigan . Seeing a theme here? Yep, if it weren't for B&B I couldn't afford to shave!

The razor looked clean, so I just threw that old blade in and softened my face with warm water. I did as Mac instructed, and just dipped the tips of the brush in water. Lather exploded. Applied razor. Two pass with touch up shave. No nicks or weepers.

The one thing I did notice was post shave. It was MUCH closer than than from my old 1962 Gillette Tech. Not quite BBS all over, but REAL close.

Aftershave was my special recipe Old Spice clone from Vijohn, that I put quite a bit of Bergamot essential oil in. That definitely let me know I had shaved with an open comb.

As I sit in my Lazyboy typing this on my phone, I just touched my incredibly handsome face. 14 hours later, and I can tell I won't need to shave tomorrow! Kinda disappointed!

“..As I sit in my Lazyboy typing this on my phone, I just couched my incredibly handsome face...”

+1! Congratulations!! Love the understatement!! :a29:

FarmerTan

“..As I sit in my Lazyboy typing this on my phone, I just couched my incredibly handsome face...”

+1! Congratulations!! Love the understatement!! :a29:
Thank you! I do try. The War Department tells me I'm very trying.

B

Barney14

I hope my shave wasn't an aberation...

I was advised to try an LC about 3 years ago, so I waited until last month to buy one, it's the best razor I have owned, I am using GSB and Rubie blades they are sharp and smooth.
I have two LCs one is my daily razor and is in excellent condition, the other is a spare / travel razor the handle and base plate are good, the head is a little iffy but it works.

I no longer look for the perfect razor and blade combo, I have it.

If anybody reading this hasn't tried one please do.

FarmerTan

I was advised to try an LC about 3 years ago, so I waited until last month to buy one, it's the best razor I have owned, I am using GSB and Rubie blades they are sharp and smooth.
I have two LCs one is my daily razor and is in excellent condition, the other is a spare / travel razor the handle and base plate are good, the head is a little iffy but it works.

I no longer look for the perfect razor and blade combo, I have it.

If anybody reading this hasn't tried one please do.
I'm sitting here more than 24 hours later. My face feels like a shave about 8 hours later with my Tech. Amazing.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have 2 Gillette Canadian NEW 1930's long combs(prefer the ball handle) and when I shave I already know end results will be CCS,DFS,BBS 90% of the time. It is just that good and from what I hear the NEW short comb is also a excellent razor that gives Stellar results.

FarmerTan

I am a razor idiot. This thing is gold wash? and has a patent date of Jan 13, 1920. Other patents pending.

The razor? Yes. The War Department? Well, she's stuck with me. God and too many witnesses heard my vow, lol.
....for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health......
Like I told my wife on our 30th anniversary , “When you start out talking like that, you’ve pretty much painted yourself into a corner.” :)

btw: Nice review.

Top Bottom