What's new

Gillette Labs Heated Razor

Not something I had really considered, but my loving wife gave me one for my birthday.

Interesting concept. The cartridge is based on the Fusion with five blades. Immediately below the blades is a warming bar, in the area that cartridges often have glide strips. The handle includes a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that is charged wirelessly with a docking station. The docking station holds the razor straight up magnetically. The razor includes flexdisc technology similar to the option on some Fusion handles, however it is more rigid than the Fusion.

Advertising on the box shows that the warming bar has adjustable temperature levels. Instructions that come with the razor show that there are two temperature settings and that on first use it will start with the higher temp setting. I have used it about a half a dozen times and I have not been able to get it set on the lower temperature.

As for use, I really don't see that the heat really gets applied to my face, or if it does it is very mild. It isn't even noticeable when using a scuttle or for the beginning of the shave if you were able to keep the brush warm during lather building.

There is a disclaimer with the instructions that the warming sensation experienced may differ from person to person.

It may look impressive in my shave den, but I'm not particularly impressed with its performance. YMMV

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I have not tried this razor as I have not seen it in my part of Australia. Interesting concept, I have a couple that I have not tried that take a battery but I think it is supposed to vibrate as you shave. I will have to find them as they are packed away somewhere.

Thanks for the review. I have not tried this razor as I have not seen it in my part of Australia. Interesting concept, I have a couple that I have not tried that take a battery but I think it is supposed to vibrate as you shave. I will have to find them as they are packed away somewhere.

Yes, there are cartridge razors that vibrate when you shave. One of the Gillette Fusion models does this as well as a Schick Hydro 5. I also have a Dorco handle that does the same. I like them. They provide a very comfortable shave.

I guess a post like this deserves pictures.

20210530_220850[1].jpg

20210530_220942[1].jpg

linty1

My wallet cries.
The real story is just look at all those cart razors in the background! Do you have a favourite?

Is the charging wireless on the heated razor? Or are there contacts?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Heat retention is one of the pluses of the large heavy machined stainless monsters that abound. Heat them up with water to your desired temp and they hold that temp very well.

Top Bottom