What's new

Gillette Knack

Anyone have an opinion of the Gillette Knack DE razor? Was thinking about buying one from a seller on EBay.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Mild shaver like a later model Super Speed. Too long of a handle for me so mine sit collecting dust.

Good for easy handle customization, though.

Mild shaver like a later model Super Speed. Too long of a handle for me so mine sit collecting dust.

Thanks, I guess it is the American version of the British slim twist?

One of my favorites. I like the head heavy balance and the mild-mid aggressive features.

I bought one sometime between 1970 and 1974. My first razor. It was the only razor that they had in the drug store. I still have it. It really is a fine mid-mild shaver as Timeclo said.

The blue plastic handle still looks as good as it did in when I bought it. I sometimes think that plastic will still be here 1,000 years from now. The razor will have crumbled into dust but the handle will still be around and the archeologists will debate what it was used for. The only one thing they'll be certain of is that the item must have had some tremendous ritual significance because it was made out of that unknown indestructible material.

I prefer the Knack to the smilarly looking English Super Slim Twists. A bit wider gap, and a bit more exposure. Actually like a black handle Super-speed. It has more exposure and gap than my 1960 super speed, which is very mild. But in Canada in the 80s they sold a Knack which is the later European G1000 razor, it is milder than the 1967-1974 US Knack.

Without a doubt the funnnest razor in my den. It is not my go to with 48 hours of growth, but would do the job there as well. I am usually a three inch handel, but there is something that just works with this. I use my sharpest blades. The past week have been thing of buying a mint one even though mine is VG. Hey I just thought of something, a Knack style shave brush, that would be a cool set.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They are a great milder razor for most of us who prefer milder razors. Pair it with a Feather and you might just get the shave of a lifetime.

I enjoy my Knack a lot. It shaves much like a later Super Speed but with a longer handle. It can be found on the bay for a steal usually and worth having.

Although I use my Techs & Superspeeds more often, my Knacks & Kronas are greatly underrated. I'd only buy a Knack if it were in pristine condition and cheap, but it's worth having.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Without a doubt the funnnest razor in my den. It is not my go to with 48 hours of growth, but would do the job there as well. I am usually a three inch handel, but there is something that just works with this. I use my sharpest blades. The past week have been thing of buying a mint one even though mine is VG. Hey I just thought of something, a Knack style shave brush, that would be a cool set.

The exact thought I had: it's a fun razor.

The odd balance makes a great dunker.

AA

Top Bottom