What's new

Gillette Injector ? ?

I just got this on the 'bay. I'm hoping the Gillette is an injector. I couldn't find pictures of a Gillette Injector.

Oh No! It's a Gem & a Lady Schick Injector.

Never Mind !

The Gillette Injector looks like a cartridge type razor and has a black handle, awesome shaver BTW.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I just bought an injector that I found at my first antique store visit for $5. It has bakelite handle (I think) that is imitation ivory. It is short. How can I get the old blade out? I had an early bid on the two from the first post:biggrin:

Scott, be careful getting that blade out. I have a post somewhere about trying to push the blade out with a knife and slipping, the blade stopped at my thumb's bone. Safest way I have found was the way that was recommended to me, push a new blade half way in, then pull them both out with a pliers.

Bill,

I'm not sure that's a lady Schick. The more I look at it the more I think it looks like a type J or "Golden 500". The lady types have a longish handle with flecks in the plastic. Either way it'll shave great.

I believed the title of the auction: VINTAGE SCHICK LADIES RAZOR & GILLETTE SAFETY GOLD TONE Gillette was mentioned second so I figured the bottom razor was the Gillette.
Oh well, not paying attention didn't cost too much - This Time ! ! :lol:

Bill,

I'm not sure that's a lady Schick. The more I look at it the more I think it looks like a type J or "Golden 500". The lady types have a longish handle with flecks in the plastic. Either way it'll shave great.

I believed the title of the auction: VINTAGE SCHICK LADIES RAZOR & GILLETTE SAFETY GOLD TONE Gillette was mentioned second so I figured the bottom razor was the Gillette.
Oh well, not paying attention didn't cost too much - This Time ! ! :lol:

The top razor is a GEM Featherweight, I think. They're supposed to be pretty good.

i think the old razor is pushed out as the new one goes in from the injector.
mantic has a vid on youtube abought it.

Top Bottom