What's new

Gillette Heritage will be back on Amazon!

Came in yesterday. The box is nice and closes tight. Seems to hold my handle and head in nicely.

Shaves really nice. I really like that R89 head. I'll play around with different handles but the one it comes with felt good. Nice grip and weight.

full

They have always come with the platinum blades. The King C. Gillette blades hadn’t been released at the time it was first released

It is thought that the King C. Gillette blades are just repackaged Gillette Platinum blades anyway. For about 4x the price...

Came in yesterday. The box is nice and closes tight. Seems to hold my handle and head in nicely.

Shaves really nice. I really like that R89 head. I'll play around with different handles but the one it comes with felt good. Nice grip and weight.

full
On the shorter side, I like the Vintage Thick SS handle from Italian Barber

Anyone know if these will be available again? Would love to pick one up, but holding out for new over used at the moment.

Anyone know if these will be available again? Would love to pick one up, but holding out for new over used at the moment.

Doubtful...

The head was reported to be German sourced as a real '89. Then the box is costly. The blades are genuine Platinums.

Cheaper to move the Chinese knock of K.C.G. It is currently priced at $35. Box is ordinary cardboard. The blades are K.C.G., which are expensive and available in America. While the Platinums are not (officially).

My guess was that this was just testing the viability of the market, while the entire K.C.G. product line was being developed.

Maybe they might bring it back as a special for the holiday's but I doubt it.

It would certainly seem logical that it’s been replaced by the KCG, but the fact that it was available as recently as earlier this year when the KCG had been out for quite a while has me holding out hope!

It would certainly seem logical that it’s been replaced by the KCG, but the fact that it was available as recently as earlier this year when the KCG had been out for quite a while has me holding out hope!

I had not seen any availability since August of 2022.

I’m just going based on the posts earlier in this thread where some purchased theirs in Dec 22 and then Feb 23.

Top Bottom