What's new

Gillette Heritage Initial Review

and... after getting the razor in the mail today and shaving with it... the verdict... the handle is cool. decent weight. its deffinitely a muhle or edwin jaggar head. Shaved with one before and i wasnt quite impressed with the shave... Trying this heritage today and its better than i remember, but still not aggressive enough for me. my favorite razor is a gillette red tip. With that r41 open comb head coming in, should be better. 7.5/10 for me.

and... after getting the razor in the mail today and shaving with it... the verdict... the handle is cool. decent weight. its deffinitely a muhle or edwin jaggar head. Shaved with one before and i wasnt quite impressed with the shave... Trying this heritage today and its better than i remember, but still not aggressive enough for me. my favorite razor is a gillette red tip. With that r41 open comb head coming in, should be better. 7.5/10 for me.

Yeah, I agree that it's just another version or the "89" head, though for me that's not a bad thing. Though I'm trying lots of different razors these days, I can get the aggressiveness that I sometimes seek from my Heritage by putting in a Kai or Feather blade. But I realize that might still be too mild for many.

I can't tell you how happy I am with my new Gillette I've been pounding away with this since Christmas last year........so basically it's a year old and I haven't even touched my super speed, or even thought about picking it up, I think I'll truly be the guy with one razor as my main tool and a backup......and that's it!

I’ve had my Gillette heritage in my rotation since December 2019, and now feel it’s too mild for my tastes. The heritage is a nice razor, but I’m finding that I bypass it more than I use it lately due to the extremely mild shaves. I didn’t feel that way when I bought it, so maybe I’ll revisit the heritage in a few months.

I’ve had my Gillette heritage in my rotation since December 2019, and now feel it’s too mild for my tastes. The heritage is a nice razor, but I’m finding that I bypass it more than I use it lately due to the extremely mild shaves. I didn’t feel that way when I bought it, so maybe I’ll revisit the heritage in a few months.
Put a feather in it and see? If it is still too dull, sell it?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
A shim really woke mine up, made it feel like a GC84-P

I didn't care for the short handle that comes with the Heritage but once I put a larger handle on it I found it to be a decent razor. I am sure it is in the Muhle R89/ EJ89 category.

I was using a Rapira blade in mine this week, NO BUENO, I can use every blade I have in my stash with this Heritage no problem, when it comes to the Rapira.........just harsh.

I love mine, and I have been using it straight without any break since I got mine back in 2019 for Christmas.

Just received mine and I have to agree with other posts here. The head is identical to the EdwinJagger DE89/Muhle R89. In fact the paper insert placed between the top and bottom caps is identical to the one received with my new Muhle R89. I do like the handle though. Not sure where that comes from. Although not identical, it reminds of the Edwin Jagger DE89 Kelvin handle. I do like the shorter handles. So... while not actually manufactured by Gillette, a good razor non the less and worth the money.

I will tell you guys that for me, I get the best shaves with this razor when I use a Gillette branded blade, doesn't matter what type, Nacet, 7'oclock, platinum blue, King, etc etc etc. any Gillette branded blade in this razor just flat out performs the best for me. I don't know what it is, but this is my absolute go too, and I have been using this thing non stop since 2019 when I got it.

I think this is one of the best and most hidden little razors in the wet shaving world as I think guys pass it up because they think it's just "Gillette trying to get back to their roots" or whatever. I will say that for the money, the performance, and the overall quality, this razor will be my go too all the time. As much as I want to get a Fattip, I don't want to break my streak now of using this razor as my daily driver. And please no one tell me "streaks are meant to be broken" lol otherwise I will end up with a Fattip.

Top Bottom